Please help rebuild my system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cornbreadxd
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well my car was totaled last year and i've just recently found a replacement but the crappy thing is that my audio equipment subs,amps,cap was stolen from the impound while i was in the hospital. I never got my stuff back and the insurance comapny didn't do anything for me so I had to absorb the loss, it ***** but I can't go back in time and burn the impound to the ground.

fdup.JPG

Anyway I have been using the search religously for 5 days now and am beyond overwhelmed w/ info. I tried to go to the audio shops around my area but they all sell low end junk that is flamed on this site (Pyle,Pyramid,Legacy etc.) I had a Profile AP1040 ($89 budget amp) which was pretty good for my Infinity components (weren't stolen luckily) it never gave many any problems and the sound was nice and clear. My subs however hit pretty good imo they were 10" audiobahn se subs (i don't remember the exact model) but I had an American bass amp but it had a problem w/ overheating which ****** so whoever stole the stuff will eventually be disappointed;)

I have $600-$700 for a system I still have my old infinity speakers so all I need is another 4ch amp, sub or subs, box, and amp/amps for the sub. Like I said there is no way for me to hear most of the brands you guys post about but im looking for sql I like it loud but i don't want my trunk to rattle, I had 3 layers of eDead in my trunk before and it kept the 10's in check but im not trying to shatter glass. So any ideas are appreciated and wanted.

-oh and I don't want something that is going to take up the whole trunk so no extra large boxes, its going into a hyundai elantra sedan.

yeah im pretty sure it was the idiot that towed the car to the lot, they also didn't take my Optima Yellow Top, but did take my $30 short ram intake that i painted blue (they like shiny things i guess) they also didn't take my HU pioneer deh-7600. any ideas on replacements?

I've seen a few posts on the FI Car Audio Q series but like I've said there is noway for me to hear this stuff cause the places around me just sell low end stuff for spl

So you have 700 smacks for sub(s), amp(s) and a box. I am sure you could get some nice stuff with that.

Do you have a deck? If I remember right, those cars come with factory Kenwoods right? At least I thought they did, because I knew a girl that had one and said she bought it new like that. I took it as brand new, so who knows.

Also wire, crossover or using them from the amps?

Anyway, I would hit up a Stereo Integrity Mag. 1 12 in a sealed 1.0cft box in that car would sound really good with an amp 600-1000rms on it.

I like Autotek for amps and never had a problem with them and can get good prices on onlinestereo.com, just make sure they are in stock before buying.

So sub -250 shipped (Have to go to Stereointegrity.com to order them, but will be another few weeks before they are out.)

Amp- Autotek 750rms amp or up. Looking at 179 and up, for your highs also suggest the Autotek 100.4. Around 140 and up.

Box-Have some awesome builders on this site in BjFish, Spy, Viveet and Mobeious. Prices vary, so say 100 smacks, could be cheaper or more.

So just in box, amps, sub I am at 660. This isn't your most budget setup, actually some really good equipment and will sound awesome.

If you add a decent deck, wiring, your looking at over 850 plus. Honestly would sound killer though.

Then if you want to sound deaden you car, then your pushing 1000.

Like I said, I didn't know if you needed deck and wires. I did see you had some highs, so didn't recommend that.

PS, are you in Cleveland or the subs? I am about 1 hour away from Cleveland.

yeah im pretty sure it was the idiot that towed the car to the lot, they also didn't take my Optima Yellow Top, but did take my $30 short ram intake that i painted blue (they like shiny things i guess) they also didn't take my HU pioneer deh-7600. any ideas on replacements?
I've seen a few posts on the FI Car Audio Q series but like I've said there is noway for me to hear this stuff cause the places around me just sell low end stuff for spl
So you still have the optima battery and deck? That would save right there.

I hated my Fi Q, but believe I just got a faulty sub. Most people on this forum rave about them though.

Also you will have to take peoples word on here for the most part as you can't hear these setups. There are some decent local shops around my area that carry good equipment. Hell, one of the shops just became a Sundown Audio dealer I believe.

I am in Cleveland near shaker heights, I don't know of any REAL car audio places that have quality product and staff, I recently found this on craigslist http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/724036900.html sub and box for $300 but I think the box might be too big for my trunk [15 1/2 tall, 34 1/2 wide and 19 3/4 at its deepest point. ]

(they said its been in many vehicles but all were hatches)and I don't think i need 3 12"s. I'd like to look into the products you suggested though, I still have some eDead left over that I never put in my old car so i've got sound deadening under control. I do need a new deck though cause I put the pioneer deh-7600 in my 280z to replace the 8-trak //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hey i'm in cleveland also. check out auto sound and security in willoughby. i have new jl 1000/1's and 12w7's that i can cut a deal on. pm me if interested.

I am in Cleveland near shaker heights, I don't know of any REAL car audio places that have quality product and staff, I recently found this on craigslist http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/724036900.html sub and box for $300 but I think the box might be too big for my trunk [15 1/2 tall, 34 1/2 wide and 19 3/4 at its deepest point. ](they said its been in many vehicles but all were hatches)and I don't think i need 3 12"s. I'd like to look into the products you suggested though, I still have some eDead left over that I never put in my old car so i've got sound deadening under control. I do need a new deck though cause I put the pioneer deh-7600 in my 280z to replace the 8-trak //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Not sure how far that is, but if you are interested, I will be putting up my Kicker CVX for sale soon. It is a 12 and I have it in a 1.5cft box right now. Used about 4 months. Let me know if you are interested.

I have a Kole 3000d, its rated a little high, but have been told it does 1300 to 1800 at 1ohm. Asking $125 for it. Not much but its nice cheep power. Sorry about the car though. Just smashed mine. Lucky didn't have my sterio in yet.

i know it should probably be in the speakers section but will I need new 6x9's in the rear to get more of a mid-bass range or will the subs you guys talk about fill that void if properly powered? Im gonna check out some subs/amps this weekend, and search through more old threads.

i know now gmcjimmy, but i was in the hospital when they stole it and this was the first car that i've ever had totaled so it was ALL out of my hands.

Ok I went to summit sound in twinsburg and the manager told me to go with 1 12" Diamond Audio d6 or a d3 if i wanted to save a little and to buy last years model of the planet audio Big Bang amp, or the torq 1601d.

I did get a chance to hear the d1 subs and they were alot deeper bass than my old audiobahns but these were 12" and my audiobahns were 10" so that may have been a factor also they used a bandpass box. Anyone have any suggestions or are these comparable to what bigbangtheory suggested?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.