10 inch sub suggestions

Participant count
  • Participants list

Ack

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi am looking for suggestion for new sub, recently decided to get back into car audio I have been out of car audio for about 10+ years so I have no clue what companies are good now a days . I am currently running a kicker comp vr (old sub I had from long time ago and one of the only things didn’t sell when I sold all my stuff) with a kicker 600.1. Sub is dual 2 ohm so amp only running at 300w. I think the sub is getting ready to die so I want to get something to run the amp at 2ohm so sub would be 600-800rms preferably one 10 inch sub and I have custom box in my Jeep Wrangler that I would like to reuse aprox 2 cubit feet sealed thanks

Yes the info I found online said could go up to 3ft2 for the sub and just wanted to add I looked at box and could probably make cut out bigger so maybe a single 12 could work as well
That is massive for a single sub, regardless of 10" or 12" cone. Good news, its easier to make the inside smaller than make it bigger. :)

So you are saying I should add some wood inside the box to take up some room , also I might be thinking to go with two 10s then I could keep the box that size , any suggestion on good brands that won’t break the bank , thanks

So you are saying I should add some wood inside the box to take up some room , also I might be thinking to go with two 10s then I could keep the box that size , any suggestion on good brands that won’t break the bank , thanks

I am biased as I co-own SSA. So our SSA Demon 10's would be my first suggestion. ;)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.