2018 Toyota Corolla sound treatment

Participant count
  • Participant list
you gonna want a little bit more on the rear deck. Its going to be one of your problem areas when you have bass going in.
Thanks Jeff. I put that one piece on the deck and then realized that I can put the deadening on top where it will be covered by the trim. I will be pullung the entire interior out in the next phase so the deck will be done then.

I don't remember seeing the rods in the trunk you were talking about. There are some parts that will have to be filled when I get the Closed Cell Foam. I will probably be buying the CCF, MLV, and insulation in the next few days. Gotta make sure bills are good first.

Thanks Jeff. I put that one piece on the deck and then realized that I can put the deadening on top where it will be covered by the trim. I will be pullung the entire interior out in the next phase so the deck will be done then.

I don't remember seeing the rods in the trunk you were talking about. There are some parts that will have to be filled when I get the Closed Cell Foam. I will probably be buying the CCF, MLV, and insulation in the next few days. Gotta make sure bills are good first.
you'll need a lot of foam everywhere on the upper rear deck. That was my biggest problem area once my sub setup was in. rattles galore, decouple EVERYTHING.  The two thin crossrods in the trunk a bit under the rear deck, they make some noise as well with some actual bass in the trunk.

you'll need a lot of foam everywhere on the upper rear deck. That was my biggest problem area once my sub setup was in. rattles galore, decouple EVERYTHING.  The two thin crossrods in the trunk a bit under the rear deck, they make some noise as well with some actual bass in the trunk.
Got it. I thought you meant trunk lid. I will focus heavily on the deck.

My trunk barely pops. Can't add too much more weight... The denim might push it. I don't think I can adjust these rods....

Got it. I thought you meant trunk lid. I will focus heavily on the deck.

My trunk barely pops. Can't add too much more weight... The denim might push it. I don't think I can adjust these rods....
just some foam weather stripping is fine.  I dont think you need denim a cheaper alternative is spray foam buuut that **** gets everywhere if you arent careful. Its the lightest, strongest solution but its pretty permanent.

just some foam weather stripping is fine.  I dont think you need denim a cheaper alternative is spray foam buuut that **** gets everywhere if you arent careful. Its the lightest, strongest solution but its pretty permanent.
I was gonna use CCF as a decoupler.

http://www.raamaudio.com/ensolite-iuo-peel-and-stick-14-sq-ft-per-running-yard-3-per-pack-of-bxt-ii-recommended-absolutely-the-best-foam-on-the-market/

And then denim batting insulation in the void spaces.

My plan for the floor is deadening, then this.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/UltraTouch-48-in-x-24-ft-Radiant-Barrier-with-Recycled-Cotton-30000-11424/100661257

Then the MLV. May do the same for the doors.

Back doors and back of seats done today.

Anyone know what the black piece is for in the second pic? My guess is just stabilization of the plastic.

View attachment 5317

View attachment 5318
I've seen those being used as resonators to cancel road noise.  I've also seen them as protection from the door card being pushed in.  I've left them and i've removed them, depending on the car. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.