6.5" speaker location, '06 BMW M5

Participant count
  • Participants list

M3Gonz

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all,

I'm embarking on an audio build on this vehicle, SQ is my primary purpose. This vehicle features 4" speakers in both sets of doors and the rear deck, as well as tweeters in the front doors and rear deck, then 8" factory subs under each front seat. While doing some research I found an interesting option that one installer used, he removed the factory subs from under the front seats, then put the 6.5" speaker from a 3-way component system in the underseat location with a bracket to make it fit the opening. An enclosure for most likely a single or double 10" sub will be built in the trunk.

What are your thoughts on using the underseat location for front of car 3-way component speakers. Speakers currently in consideration would be Morel Virtus or Elate 3-way featuring a 6.5, 3.5 and tweeter. Also looking at Focal. Other options, opinions or suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.