Other Locations Alpine Question From Across The Pond

Canada, Mexico, Europe and beyond.
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Anomaly

Hi, question for those of you in Europe...

I am curious if Alpine CDA models sold in the US can use the same AI-Net accessories European models can, and vice versa? AI-Net appears to be a standard, looks like JVC and Sony use it as well. I am looking to buy a USB reader for the AI-Net port on my US-model CDA-9884, and the seller lists it as compatible with a 9884R, but cannot guarantee compatibility with my unit.

Looks to me like the 9884R is simply a higher-powered version of my 9884 (50Wx4 vs 18Wx4), but I cannot find a solid answer as to whether their AI-net interfaces work the same way and can use the same accessories. If anyone can answer this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.