Another Installer- North Jersey

DMP
10+ year member

Hi, im new here, but not new to car audio. I used to work at a very high volume dealership installing and also did side work on the side.

Here's a list of some of the things I can do.

Radio (Aftermarket, Ipod, Navi..etc.)

Speakers

Amps

Subwoofers

Custom Built Subwoofer Boxes (MDF)

Interior Lighting Upgrades

HID's

Foglights

Alarm

Remote Starters

Keyless Entrys

Manual to Power Window Conversions

Manual to Power Lock Conversions

Other Modifications (Disable Daytime Running Lights and/or Automatic Lights, etc.)

Repair Services (available for certain things):

Non-working Aftermarket Head Units

Alarm and/or Remote Starter (Problems, programming new remotes...etc.)

Electrical Problems

I by all means don't mean to take away any business from anyone else on here. I figured maybe I could offer other installs other than just car audio. Sorry in advance to any installer reading this. And thanks for reading.

Here's my audio build im working on. Built a box to go into a GMC Sonoma (standard cab) which is basically the same as the Chevy S10. If you know much about them, then you would know about how little space they have behind the seats.

Here's the box I built.

IMG_0359.jpg

Carpeted and finished.

IMG_0360.jpg

Amp rack built to house 3 amps.

IMG_0365.jpg

Carpeted and finished.

IMG_0370.jpg

Added these bars to protect the subs. The seats fold back really close to the subs. (no taking chances here) And no the bars arent slanted. Im not the best picture taker. lol

IMG_0405.jpg

Im almost done with it. So ill take a final picture when im done.

Here's something else I did. I converted the truck from manual window to power windows. It left a hole where the window crank used to be in the door panel. Well....its a nice place to install a tweeter! No more hole. And I cut out the stock plastic speaker grill and installed metal grills in the panel to match the tweeter. A set of components were installed in the truck. Heres a picture.

IMG_0120.jpg

Did this too. Built the box and wrapped it with red vinyl to match the interior. This went into a BMW M3.

DSCF1255-copy.jpg

DSCF1256.JPG

pic1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's ur price on building boxes
It really depends on the options. Whether its a single or dual box, carpet, vinyl...etc. The boxes start from $30 and up. If you want a specific price on a box, let me know more about the box and ill PM you a price.

Also, I build them with 3/4" MDF. But if weight is an issue for someone, I can build them with 1/2" MDF.

More pics. This went in the truck that has the Rockford system. Pioneer head unit and also installed a white HVAC gauge trim. I had to custom fit the pocket under the head unit. Took some work, but I pulled it off.

IMG_0251.jpg

White face gauges in the same truck

IMG_0252.jpg

That looks like the same headunit I have.

ub-3200, nice deck for what it is....

OP nice work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...