Audio Express Cedar Rapids Iowa

twentyinchburb
10+ year member

Iowa
Noticed there was a new audio shop by my house decided to stop in and check it out. They have by far the lowest prices in town 2.75/ft for 0ga wire vs 6.00 everywhere else. They have great employees and do everything from install head units to full custom installs and will even build costom speaker boxes at reasonable rates. They will get all my busniess from now on.

just a little //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif every stereo shop should do some sort of custom install and build speaker boxes. $2.75/ft isn't that cheap specially since it's probably a debranded generic 0AWG

The two other shops in the area both said they try to stay away from building custom boxes, and are way over priced on their installs. like the other post said everywhere else in the area that caries 0ga wire its $6.00 or more.

Be careful with audio express...if it's the same franchise that is all over missouri, with the "1$ install", do NOT get anything installed tehre. They do a terrible job.

my friend knows the owner, he lives a block away from him in Marion. Good guy, and idk how much they really know, i was offered a internship, but anyone interested could do it pretty much.

Is that on 1st ave? they have a single cab F150 (white) sittin ourall the time? I think they have a bazooka banner hangin somewhere there. right?

I don't like this shop : / They installed an autopage alarm in my car, and it stopped working in like 2 months. I called them, and they said they were no longer an autopage dealer so they couldn't help me... How ****ed is that ****? Then I told them I had a pair of IDMAX 12s, and they acted like I was insane, and called it obscure audio equipment... They carry Arc audio. Wonder if anyone told them who designed those subs.

My overall impression of the shop was not very favorable as well. Terrible showroom (if you want to call it that) and if you don't like Arc or Powerbass, don't bother showing up. Definitely seemed geared towards flashy show cars and SPL rather than anything sound quality oriented.

My overall impression of the shop was not very favorable as well. Terrible showroom (if you want to call it that) and if you don't like Arc or Powerbass, don't bother showing up. Definitely seemed geared towards flashy show cars and SPL rather than anything sound quality oriented.
arc is based towards spl? Oh, I think t3 is much better.

cr cant support a custom shop.

their your only option but they dont act like it, quality work, quality employees, overall a great place to go with any custom work orders or questions you have. yeah the shoot some bs but lets be realistic... if you were in a business where your lucky to do a 1k week then youd probably do it to.

i will probably never go thair the guy working when i went was how u say a pompous jackass i was just gana get a dash kit he priced it at 120 witch i can live with but when i mentioned i was installing on my own he was like have fun ****ing your car and the fact is iv done the insulation more then once on the same make of car as mine the guy is a dick i wouldn't go their

They're both a couple of ******. I've heard auto toyz in coralville is 10x better. They have some super nice gear up there too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...