Basic setup questions

Do you have a multimeter, maybe check continuity (ohms) of the speaker wire from dash to door.

I ran that sound ordinance powered 8 in a small coupe a while back, and it was pretty underwhelming. It does give a bit of depth to the music, but for the price i'd hold off and save.

The thing no one tells you, is that no matter what you do, you'll want more down the road. I started getting heavy into car audio about 2 years ago, and I've rebuilt my entire setup probably three times and have wasted a lot of money instead of just sitting, saving and being more patient. I am about 3/4 into my current build and I am already looking at upgrading the sub amp further. Just something to think about.

Don't have a multimeter but I'll consider that. Would it just be bad wires or something to that effect?

And yeah, I'm taking my time with the build, especially considering I'm doing the install myself with no prior experience. I just got the speakers and the deck to start with and I'll go from there.

Don't have a multimeter but I'll consider that. Would it just be bad wires or something to that effect?

Yeah it could be, from what i've seen in your post earilier you didnt have speakers or wires ran, and you would of ran them yourself, correct? Double check your wire run, and even if you have to, perhaps pull H/U out a bit and check those connections there, how are you wiring up the back of the head unit, ie how are you connecting the wires together?

Yeah so initially I did think that there were no existing wires in the doors but it turns out I just wasn't looking hard enough. Just had to do some digging with my hand and I found them. They were connected to female harnesses which I then connected to new male ones I got and into the speakers.

For the wiring behind the head unit I'm using Posi-Products twist-on wire connectors. I've pulled out the head unit multiple times (it's just sitting in there half-way until everything is working) to verify the connections and I can't see any issues. So yeah I'm not really sure.

Talked to a Crutchfield rep, looks like I'm going to be running new wire.

Also the speakers don't fit in my doors, even with the adapter they come with. Kinda frustrating considering their site said they fit. Guess I'll be drilling some holes as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.