Building the Dream, Behind the scenes of JML Audio of St. Louis

JML Audio
10+ year member

Sound Domain Review: http://blog.sounddomain.com/gadget/2008/04/jml-audio-opens.html

Here are some pictures of our facility. We recently updated pictures to include the fabrication rooms. http://www.jmlaudio.com/vehicle%20bay.htm

Also here is a hidden link to show how we build out the facility from scratch to suit what we were planning and drawing out for years.

http://www.jmlaudio.com/behindthescenes.htm

The ONLY Car Audio Company in St. Louis Accredited by the Better Business Bureau: http://stlouis.bbb.org/wwwroot/report.aspx?site=142&bbb=0734&firm=310264938

Ranked One of the "Top 100 Installers" in the United States ( 7 Times ) by Mobile Electronic Magazine '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, & '08-'09

Ranked One of the "Top 50 Retailers" in the United States ( 3 Times ) by Mobile Electronic Magazine '05-'06, '06-'07, & '08-'09

http://www.jmlaudio.com

636-343-2020

Problem is, JML will NOT work with prepurchased customer equipment!! I know,m I asked! Snobs!! I'm an Electrical Engineer, I'll bet I know more about car audio that YOU DO! All forms of electrical equipment too!

They will never get a dime of MY MONEY!! :-(

John Kuthe...

Problem is, JML will NOT work with prepurchased customer equipment!! I know,m I asked! Snobs!! I'm an Electrical Engineer, I'll bet I know more about car audio that YOU DO! All forms of electrical equipment too!
They will never get a dime of MY MONEY!! :-(

John Kuthe...
They won't work with pre-purchased equipment for a few reasons:

1. They make part of their money on marking up the gear they sell.

2. Working with the same equipment on all their installs, technicians can learn easier and make fewer mistakes.

3. They would be responsible if your gear had a pre-existing issue and didn't work when they installed it. If your amp has a bad component, they install it, and it smokes, they would be liable.

4. If your gear does break, they can warranty equipment through their distributors if they sold it to you.

You're an idiot, and I'm sure they're glad to not have you as a customer.

2. Working with the same equipment on all their installs, technicians can learn easier and make fewer mistakes.

3. They would be responsible if your gear had a pre-existing issue and didn't work when they installed it. If your amp has a bad component, they install it, and it smokes, they would be liable.

4. If your gear does break, they can warranty equipment through their distributors if they sold it to you.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I am ANYTHING but an idiot!! Post YOUR legal name!! (Glad you made it into an ego battle yet?)

JML is NOT primarily concerned with customer satisfaction! THAT is the bottom line on this and why they will never get MY MONEY!!

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...
go somewhere else? audio shops can do whatever they want for their business model. clearly you dont fit in that part, so use your knowledge to do it yourself with the equipment you like, or find someone whos willing to install that equipment for you but dont expect them to be liable in the same context

you may be an electrical engineer, and ive met quite a few engineers, but clearly you dont recognize what a private business is

I am ANYTHING but an idiot!! Post YOUR legal name!! (Glad you made it into an ego battle yet?)
JML is NOT primarily concerned with customer satisfaction! THAT is the bottom line on this and why they will never get MY MONEY!!

John Kuthe...
So because they wont install what you bought from somewhere else, you are saying they're a bad company pretty much? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

So because they wont install what you bought from somewhere else, you are saying they're a bad company pretty much? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
No, I'm sure there a business like all others, primarily capitalist, and that's a whole other argument!!

What they are after is people with a LOT of money and want a really excellent auto audio equipment and other electronic crap installed. (The more other electronic crap they can sell, the more MONEY they make!)

I am interested ONLY in car audio equipment and I fell in love with Alpine equipment when I had an all Alpine system installed by a now defunct St Louis shop. Hi Fi Fo Fum!! So I researched and bought a bunch of high end Alpine equipment, contacted JML and they basically told me to **** off! So NOW I'm saying SCREW JML!!! And they have a very savvy and smart person very electronically MAD at them!

John Kuthe...

No, I'm sure there a business like all others, primarily capitalist, and that's a whole other argument!!
What they are after is people with a LOT of money and want a really excellent auto audio equipment and other electronic crap installed. (The more other electronic crap they can sell, the more MONEY they make!)

I am interested ONLY in car audio equipment and I fell in love with Alpine equipment when I had an all Alpine system installed by a now defunct St Louis shop. Hi Fi Fo Fum!! So I researched and bought a bunch of high end Alpine equipment, contacted JML and they basically told me to **** off! So NOW I'm saying SCREW JML!!! And they have a very savvy and smart person very electronically MAD at them!

John Kuthe...
So with this being the case, why are you not doing it yourself????

I would not install stuff bought through my shop either due to the liability of it. He cant warranty stuff that was bought else where and like said above if something blows or frys your going to point at him. Simple fix, install it yourself.

So with this being the case, why are you not doing it yourself????
I would not install stuff bought through my shop either due to the liability of it. He cant warranty stuff that was bought else where and like said above if something blows or frys your going to point at him. Simple fix, install it yourself.
I started to. I was doing it in stages. Installed all six R-series Alpine speakers myself in the factory locations even though Crutchfield told me they would not fit, and I only found ONE of the six Alpine speakers that would not fit in the factory mount locations in my 2006 Grand Caravan, the top of the dash 5.25 round speaker which required a deeper mounting location that my 2006 Grand Caravan provided. So I set this 5.25" round speaker up about 1\4 inch with electronic chassis spacers using the factory 18AWG (I think) wiring. (What Crutchfield thought/knew was they are all not just simple drop in mounts!) And my next step was installing and wiring up my Alpine CDE-153BT head unit, again through the factory (minimally functional!)) wiring, for now, before stringing 12AWG wires to all six Alpine speakers, mounting the amps, building a subwoofer box, etc.

Liability! The Liability MONSTER!! Got a big bank account you are worried about LOSING? ROFL!!! :) Not me, I'm poor as dirt! Like most United Statesians right now thanks you our Ownership class of SLAVEDRIVERS! :-(

John Kuthe...

you dont need to wire each speaker individually,and they make adapters to fit speakers as well as headunit dash kits with hiring harnesses. its really not that hard. one weekend if you're REALLY bad

you're starting to understand why most people dont deal with shops in their area unless they just want to throw money at it. doesnt mean they do bad work, they clearly just want to cover themselves and i dont blame them

you dont need to wire each speaker individually,and they make adapters to fit speakers as well as headunit dash kits with hiring harnesses. its really not that hard. one weekend if you're REALLY bad
you're starting to understand why most people dont deal with shops in their area unless they just want to throw money at it. doesnt mean they do bad work, they clearly just want to cover themselves and i dont blame them
YOU don't get the big IT, do you?

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...
You say you're so smart, yet are looking for a shop to do your work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif

You say you're so smart, yet are looking for a shop to do your work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif
Very talented! Discovered copy/paste I see! ;-)

What's YOUR legal name? Chicken?

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...