Car jolts, Hu shuts off, amp wont turn back on

As far as the grinding and jolt acceleration check your cv axles and bushings and the wheel hubs, but as far as the jolting that is caused by bad clutches causing the miss.

Unless you have a bad speed sensor, but this is a manual..

Also the belt being loose plus the jolt can cause the alternator to slip causing either to turn off or a higher spin rate with a larger voltage being sent out.

Either or will cause all electrical to shut off till it becomes stable.

Tightening the belt will fix the issue.

If the belt squeels then you need to invest in a goodyear belt which is 15-20$ on ebay.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

"So every time i back up, i go through this charade of putting it in reverse, grinds, go back in, nothing, then eventually it engages. I mention this only because i beleive 1st is linked to reverse, or i might be thinking of 5th."

Before you put the car into reverse, always put it into 1st gear first. If the problem isn't too bad, that should stop the grinding.

As for your main problem, you need to start eliminating possibilities. I can think of several things that will cause your problem. At the very least, have the battery checked on a good machine, and make sure the alternator is putting out the right amount of power. After that, go over the spark plug wires very carefully to make sure they're in good shape. If the problem only happens in the rain, 95% its the plug wires. Check the plugs, of course, and while they're out do a compression test. Finish up by checking fuel pressure at the rail, and scan for DTS's. In know this is all basic stuff, but it has to be checked, and it wont take long. If you brought the car to a shop, this is what they will do (hopefully), so you might as well get it out of the way.

Once you do all the above, you'll at least have some info that can point you in the right direction. To me it sounds like you may have a timing issue. Some times the VTEC actuators don't get enough oil and they start to bind up. That will definitely cause the car to either flatten out or shoot forward. Or, it could be an electrical or fuel delivery problem. You just have to keep checking until you find it.

"So every time i back up, i go through this charade of putting it in reverse, grinds, go back in, nothing, then eventually it engages. I mention this only because i beleive 1st is linked to reverse, or i might be thinking of 5th."
Before you put the car into reverse, always put it into 1st gear first. If the problem isn't too bad, that should stop the grinding.

As for your main problem, you need to start eliminating possibilities. I can think of several things that will cause your problem. At the very least, have the battery checked on a good machine, and make sure the alternator is putting out the right amount of power. After that, go over the spark plug wires very carefully to make sure they're in good shape. If the problem only happens in the rain, 95% its the plug wires. Check the plugs, of course, and while they're out do a compression test. Finish up by checking fuel pressure at the rail, and scan for DTS's. In know this is all basic stuff, but it has to be checked, and it wont take long. If you brought the car to a shop, this is what they will do (hopefully), so you might as well get it out of the way.

Once you do all the above, you'll at least have some info that can point you in the right direction. To me it sounds like you may have a timing issue. Some times the VTEC actuators don't get enough oil and they start to bind up. That will definitely cause the car to either flatten out or shoot forward. Or, it could be an electrical or fuel delivery problem. You just have to keep checking until you find it.
Yeah i go to second before reverse. Not first, doesnt work as well in general for manual cars. Anyway batterys good. Dont know about spark plgs but it didnt happen while raining. However!, i did leave ot, because i forgot, the oil light came on for maybe a split second in an event seemingly unrelated. I was going arounda corner fast when it came on. So i imagine what little oil do have got pushed to one side. Afterwards i checked oil, several times and i cant seem to get a reading of the oil above the min line. I beleive its about a quart low but it doesnt leak any and i see no evidence that it burns oil. So either the oil stick gets messed up as i pull it out or oil is magically going somewhere. I changed the oil like 3 months ago and made sure it was in the middle

So if im understanding you correctly i could have symtops of slight oil deprevation. I just dont want to over fill it. Oh well, ill take a look at the car sometime this week

And the issue with reverse is very odd, it is actually in gear on the shifter. But the transmission is not in gear. The car doesnt move, and when letting out the clutch it has a small grind. Not like the normal, not syncronized grind

if your oil is low and you jam around a corner hard enough for the pickup to be out of the oil level you will lose oil pressure and oil wont be pushed into bearings. I'm betting you almost seized your engine from oil starvation and your crank bearings probably have scarring on them now. fix your belt, put oil in your car and stop thinking that old *** civic is in the fast and the furious.

"So if im understanding you correctly i could have symtops of slight oil deprevation. I just dont want to over fill it. Oh well, ill take a look at the car sometime this week"

My overall suggestion is to just not overlook anything. Sometimes you can be convinced the problem is one thing, and it turns out to be something else. Like I said before, maybe its the VVT actuator, but it may also be an intermittent problem with one of the ignition coils, or possibly something else like a bad tone wheel sensor. Also, its better to put more oil in the car than less (within reason).

As for the trans issue, It may be a good idea to replace the trans fluid (I'm pretty sure your trans takes motor oil, but check just to be safe.), and replace and bleed the fluid in the clutch master cylinder.

Many issues with the car. And he's buying amp and or sub next week. lol

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

[quote name='sfall']"So if im understanding you correctly i could have symtops of slight oil deprevation. I just dont want to over fill it. Oh well, ill take a look at the car sometime this week"

My overall suggestion is to just not overlook anything. Sometimes you can be convinced the problem is one thing, and it turns out to be something else. Like I said before, maybe its the VVT actuator, but it may also be an intermittent problem with one of the ignition coils, or possibly something else like a bad tone wheel sensor. Also, its better to put more oil in the car than less (within reason).

As for the trans issue, It may be a good idea to replace the trans fluid (I'm pretty sure your trans takes motor oil, but check just to be safe.), and replace and bleed the fluid in the clutch master cylinder.[/QUOTE]
@sfall Should I just PM you? Trying to ask ya a question in regards to VW and Chevy.

No way! Car audio is the irrational money pit. Keeping the civic makes sense for practicality, and sentimental, kinda. Like coupes, the interior design, exterior, simplicity. It doesnt take much to maintain it. Sometimes i just over burdom myself with projects. Gotta fix the house, replace fork seals on dirtbike, carb work, etc, replace rear tire on r6 and sell my wrx. I get overwhelmed and dont wanna touch anything, ill get over it when work stops being so hectic. I mostly just posted to vent. Power of deduction says alt belt first but im so f ucking lazy about it right now
i like coupes too, one of the most awesome cars u can get to 'pimp out" is old 2 door accord, knew guy had 1 yrs ago he sold to guy works at foodlion (well cars in p. lot any way) it still looks great., and it old like idk 96 maybe.. he dropped it 1.5" and put 17" chrome wheels on it thats about it outside looks clean "classy almost".. if u keep one up looks great.. my car was almost totaled 3 yrs ago by a 100 pound 18 yr old so i have almost entire new front of car but i have couple small dents it ain't perfect and people cannot believe how old my car is.. i washed and waxed it and a 25yr old girl ask me who makes that lol, i said pontiac did 12 yrs ago she said omg i though it was new (not a car girl)

if your oil is low and you jam around a corner hard enough for the pickup to be out of the oil level you will lose oil pressure and oil wont be pushed into bearings. I'm betting you almost seized your engine from oil starvation and your crank bearings probably have scarring on them now. fix your belt, put oil in your car and stop thinking that old *** civic is in the fast and the furious.
Lol^

You state the obvious

"So if im understanding you correctly i could have symtops of slight oil deprevation. I just dont want to over fill it. Oh well, ill take a look at the car sometime this week"

As for the trans issue, It may be a good idea to replace the trans fluid (I'm pretty sure your trans takes motor oil, but check just to be safe.), and replace and bleed the fluid in the clutch master cylinder.
Already replace clutch fluid, and tranny fluid

if its so obvious why you post a thread asking about the problem and not add oil and tighten belt? to busy planning white trash vinyl floors and plexi walls?
Haha, yes! That and if you read further back i was partially just posting to vent. To see if anyone else had this problem. I was already aware of some of the issues that could cause this just havnt looked at the car.

Im always thinking about my next setup, never thinking about how i should go out there and fix the issues at hand, it wouldnt be fun if i did lol

if its so obvious why you post a thread asking about the problem and not add oil and tighten belt? to busy planning white trash vinyl floors and plexi walls?
Plus i really hope your wrong about the crank bearings already being scarred. Im willing to replace the engine, just not so soon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.