car toys

azimuth
5,000+ posts

funded*by*soros
Denver, Co
had a viper pager alarm and a flip up dvd monitor installed at 6th and broadway in denver. had the alarm installed and someone ripped open the back window (slider) and stole my panasonic deck. the alarm only went off when the thief exited the vehicle through the door. went back and told them to do whatever they needed to do, but fix the alarm. at this time i had one of the cheaper flip up dvd decks installed (700$), the jensen vm9510. i was satisfied when i drove out. not even a week later someone did the same thing. they broke out the back slider window this time when they ripped out the deck the alarm went off, but not when they broke the window. the alarm paged me, i ran out within 30 sec. of the alarm going off. the deck slid out so easily (was supposed to be strapped) that the guy was running down the street a block away with my 700 dollar dvd player. never should have been able to remove it that fast, or break the window in the first place without the alarm at least producing a warn and paging. if you don't have big money to spend, never go to this car toys. the little guy is way overlooked. had quality auto sound install the same exact alarm in my new truck and it is alot better than car toys could do in 2 trys.

had a viper pager alarm and a flip up dvd monitor installed at 6th and broadway in denver. had the alarm installed and someone ripped open the back window (slider) and stole my panasonic deck. the alarm only went off when the thief exited the vehicle through the door. went back and told them to do whatever they needed to do, but fix the alarm. at this time i had one of the cheaper flip up dvd decks installed (700$), the jensen vm9510. i was satisfied when i drove out. not even a week later someone did the same thing. they broke out the back slider window this time when they ripped out the deck the alarm went off, but not when they broke the window. the alarm paged me, i ran out within 30 sec. of the alarm going off. the deck slid out so easily (was supposed to be strapped) that the guy was running down the street a block away with my 700 dollar dvd player. never should have been able to remove it that fast, or break the window in the first place without the alarm at least producing a warn and paging. if you don't have big money to spend, never go to this car toys. the little guy is way overlooked. had quality auto sound install the same exact alarm in my new truck and it is alot better than car toys could do in 2 trys.

The only problem here is that Quality is not a small guy, they are everywhere! The problem is not so much the lack of installer skills, its also in the lap of the salesman you dealt with, the window issue on the truck should have been one of the first things addressed when designing a security system, but instead of designing a system to meet your NEEDS, they sold you an off the shelf convenience center. Thats how you can tell a pro, from a clown. I'll never quote a security system over the phone, I want the customer to come in, show me his vehicle, let me make suggestions and point out vehicle weaknesses. such as the ease of getting the honda hood open with out triggering the alarm, to cut the siren wire, and buying more time to take the precious lil car from the owners drive way. But whats to be expected for a store that actually takes pride in doing the one dollar install. ANYONE who believes they install for a buck needs to shop around and see where the inflated prices are, NOBODY works for a buck, no one thats worthy of working on your vehicle! Most people I know love their cars, why let a dollar installer have the chance of doing a typical dollar hack job up YOUR car?

quality auto sound did a much better job than car toys though. car toys was the reason for me joining up here to learn better how to do everything myself. they ****.

quality auto sound did a much better job than car toys though. car toys was the reason for me joining up here to learn better how to do everything myself. they ****.
Do like I did and do it your self. Or again be like me and have a BIG ass NRA sticker on your car. The sticker workes better than the alarm.

Do like I did and do it your self. Or again be like me and have a BIG ass NRA sticker on your car. The sticker workes better than the alarm.
LOL

people don't expect **** in my car. a stock 95 pathfinder. WTF am i gonna have but yet they don't except any alarm system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

LOLpeople don't expect **** in my car. a stock 95 pathfinder. WTF am i gonna have but yet they don't except any alarm system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
I know how ya feel I have well had a 96 rodeo spun a rod bearing now i have a jeep waiting on tags outside

LOLpeople don't expect **** in my car. a stock 95 pathfinder. WTF am i gonna have but yet they don't except any alarm system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
Yeah, I have a pretty decent alarm system on my mostly stock 96 burban. The sirens and factory horn honk are pretty loud, and the lights flash to help draw attention to the vehicle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

my old ride back in day was insane i had 3 or 4 interior sirens 2 under hood and 3 in rear under bumper **** was stupid. i did that after i had everything stolen downtown over 10k in stuff but insurance cover it all so i ended up getting the newer equip so wasnt too bad.

The biggest draw back to Car toys and Quantity Auto Slam is there install techniques.

They both use T-taps for FASTER installs (not quality of install)

Car toys also requires both power and ground to be run to the Battery making it easier to disable.

Quality Auto Sound have installers working so fast to make any money that they do not take the time to mount a brain properly... this means they are usually very easy to get to under the dash to disbale or they have been known to fall while customers are driving and getting stuck behind pedals.

Yeah, I have a pretty decent alarm system on my mostly stock 96 burban. The sirens and factory horn honk are pretty loud, and the lights flash to help draw attention to the vehicle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
lol. yah I might just add some air horns for the hell of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...