Other Locations Competing in MECA Ohio

Canada, Mexico, Europe and beyond.
    Participant count
  • Participant list

Dtrom
10+ year member

MAF
Next year will be my first year competing. Will be MECA Ohio. Can anyone tell me what class I'll be in, and everything you have to do to make it to state finals/nationals ect.

My setup will be,

Gmc jimmy

300A alt

1 extra battery (cargo area with subs)

2 12's no wall

Between my sub and highs amps roughly 4300 rms

3 fuses (275A, 275A, 250A)

Any input is appreciated!

You would be better off trying to run a lower fuse for burps and running in a street class.
I plan to compete on music. Should i just run to two 275a's? Does the class your in go by rms or fusing?

Fusing, and if you want to do music you should be in an amateur street class. I would drop your fusing by a lot
How many amps of fusing should I use? To be in amatuer street class?

And how does the point system work?

Not sure of the fusing you would need but....

For points and how they work, there are 3 tiers of shows, 1X, 2X and Triple Point Shows.

For 1X you get 5pts for 1st, 4pts for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 42for 4th and 1 for 5th. this is then multiplied by the type of show it is. So 1X is 1Xpts, 2X is 2xpts and 3X is 3Xpts.

To qualify for Finals you need 40 points, to be a State Champion you need 20pts and have to have the highest score in your class from that state that day.

So for example, lets say you do a 135 at your State Championship show (ohio) and there is somebody from Pa competing in your class that day. That person puts up a 136 then they take first in the class but dont win State Championship since only a resident of that state can win the states title.

Make sense?

Next year will be my first year competing. Will be MECA Ohio. Can anyone tell me what class I'll be in, and everything you have to do to make it to state finals/nationals ect. My setup will be,

Gmc jimmy

300A alt

1 extra battery (cargo area with subs)

2 12's no wall

Between my sub and highs amps roughly 4300 rms

3 fuses (275A, 275A, 250A)

Any input is appreciated!
a few things stand out.

why so many fuses? The only one that counts is the one to your sub amp, and it has to be less than 18" away from the amp. You also have to make up your mind weather you want to do amature or street class. Either one, you'll probably have your ass handed to you on a platter anyways. Hcca's don't get as loud as other subs in their "class" and that MTX doesn't put out 4k. Also, you're tuned low which also doesn't help in either street or amature classes. If you've got a musical built box, you're gonna fail. Street and amature classes are ruthless.

a few things stand out.
why so many fuses? The only one that counts is the one to your sub amp, and it has to be less than 18" away from the amp. You also have to make up your mind weather you want to do amature or street class. Either one, you'll probably have your ass handed to you on a platter anyways. Hcca's don't get as loud as other subs in their "class" and that MTX doesn't put out 4k. Also, you're tuned low which also doesn't help in either street or amature classes. If you've got a musical built box, you're gonna fail. Street and amature classes are ruthless.
I'm using that many fuses just for everyday driving. And I guarantee in a good box, which I have, the hcca's can be just as loud as the next sub, and with a musically built box, I'll fail on music? I don't see how ruthless amateur classes are considering the highest numbers on MECAs website for amateur classes is in the 40's. And my MTX benched at 4033 @ 1 ohm.

I'm using that many fuses just for everyday driving. And I guarantee in a good box, which I have, the hcca's can be just as loud as the next sub, and with a musically built box, I'll fail on music? I don't see how ruthless amateur classes are considering the highest numbers on MECAs website for amateur classes is in the 40's. And my MTX benched at 4033 @ 1 ohm.
You've clearly never gone to finals.

Not sure of the fusing you would need but....
For points and how they work, there are 3 tiers of shows, 1X, 2X and Triple Point Shows.

For 1X you get 5pts for 1st, 4pts for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 42for 4th and 1 for 5th. this is then multiplied by the type of show it is. So 1X is 1Xpts, 2X is 2xpts and 3X is 3Xpts.

To qualify for Finals you need 40 points, to be a State Champion you need 20pts and have to have the highest score in your class from that state that day.

So for example, lets say you do a 135 at your State Championship show (ohio) and there is somebody from Pa competing in your class that day. That person puts up a 136 then they take first in the class but dont win State Championship since only a resident of that state can win the states title.

Make sense?
Thank you.

If you need access to a meter, I have an spl lab and I'm probably moving back to toledo. I only charge $10/session for ca.com members
That'd be cool! I'm about fifteen mins from Toledo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.