Crown Vic 2-SA LCS Budget Build

Do some Sa's... I would. That enclosure ought to do fine. Feed them 2-3k (maybe more?), raise your Ssf a little but otherwise let those puppies eat.

I'd add at least another big battery back there... but...

I'd take the hit ($)... buy a decent alt if you're going to go bigger 
That's the route i will take. I can get a 200amp alternator off a Police Interceptor and it will work (you think that would be sufficient with my batteries? The one i have now is 130amp.

Good stuff man... I love big bodies they remind me of my first car/boat 82 town car... the 200 amp alt sounds like a good idea to me. Economical as well. Keep going.

Welp new Morel installed from crutchfield. New 4 channel rca, fast rings.  Ran 4 new runs of speaker wire for the mids and tweets. These speakers are super nice.  The mid bass is amazing. Still have to run down the hiss sound from the tweeters. I changed amps so it's not the amp. Made a new ground. I have both my amps grounded to a agm in the trunk so I may try grounding the 4 channel separate. Hopefully I find the source of the hiss.  It gets louder as you turn the gain up.

Some pictures from today

20190629_165436.jpg

20190629_165434.jpg

20190629_174406.jpg

20190629_144410.jpg

20190629_175931.jpg

20190629_154019.jpg

20190629_152319.jpg

20190629_161004.jpg

20190629_163615.jpg

So everything is finally coming together. Have my crossovers set good. Sub @80hz 24db, MB @80hz 24db - 2500 12db, TW @2500 12db. Used a tape measure to set the TA, but still have a lot of work today. Haven't messed with the EQ yet (set to flat). My next step is to get my front stage right. Thinking about making a sail panel pod for Morel CCWR254 2.5" Midrange and place my tweeter there also. You think the CCWR254 would be good for a Midrange? Im really liking how the front stage is coming together. I was wanting SPL, but now i may want SQ lol. I also started building a .flac Library on a 1tb External HD for the car as i can get any .flac file i want for free.

Next purchase will be some more sound deadening and maybe a Dayton DSP (seems like the best for the price).

PjNgAbQ.mp4

Getting closer to my end goal. Just ordered 2 Sundown 12" SA series subs!!! Next is a DSP maybe a dayton? Then I'm going 3 way active up front. I'll post pics when I get the subs

@shredder2. you said the box you designed for me would be good with the SA series correct
The enclosure should be fine unless you're gonna put a ton of power to them imo.
I can't check atm... my computer is in storage but it should be just under 4ft3 and 33-34hz with the displacement difference (just guessing) and the port area ought to be good for more power.
I'd give it a shot and see... that enclosure looks decent and building another shouldn't be hard if it don't work out.

The enclosure should be fine unless you're gonna put a ton of power to them imo.
I can't check atm... my computer is in storage but it should be just under 4ft3 and 33-34hz with the displacement difference (just guessing) and the port area ought to be good for more power.
I'd give it a shot and see... that enclosure looks decent and building another shouldn't be hard if it don't work out.
Awesome. thanks for the reply. Probably about 1200-1500 at first

So everything is finally coming together. Have my crossovers set good. Sub @80hz 24db, MB @80hz 24db - 2500 12db, TW @2500 12db. Used a tape measure to set the TA, but still have a lot of work today. Haven't messed with the EQ yet (set to flat). My next step is to get my front stage right. Thinking about making a sail panel pod for Morel CCWR254 2.5" Midrange and place my tweeter there also. You think the CCWR254 would be good for a Midrange? Im really liking how the front stage is coming together. I was wanting SPL, but now i may want SQ lol. I also started building a .flac Library on a 1tb External HD for the car as i can get any .flac file i want for free.

Next purchase will be some more sound deadening and maybe a Dayton DSP (seems like the best for the price).

PjNgAbQ.mp4

Sounds nice...running active? I have the same set but been too lazy to install them. Need to run more wires and learn how to run them active.
Deciding on if i should get a capacitor to put on the tweeter wire as a precaution.

Sounds nice...running active? I have the same set but been too lazy to install them. Need to run more wires and learn how to run them active.
Deciding on if i should get a capacitor to put on the tweeter wire as a precaution.
Yea running active off the Pioneer Head Unit. LPF on Mids 80hz 24db-2,500hz @ 12db. Tweets 2,500 @ 12db. A cap would be nice, but i decided not to use one. They sound very good with the crossover to me. I plan on going going 3 way in the next couple months. Next step is to get a good DSP. Then i may go with the Morel 2.5" Midrange and do a Sail Panel or A Pillar build

Thanks. I have a Pioneer DEH-S6120BS. Haven't messed with network mode. Lowpass on mids? I think I have some learning to do.
I mean hpf 80hz and lpf 2500 so it's a band pass. You dont want your mids playing to low out of range or to high. The passive on the morels maximo I think is 3500hz or 3200. I had beaming from the mids at that range

Received tracking from Sundown today. 60lbs!! Bought these for 109$ each shipped from sundown yard sale. Hopefully i dont have to recone...

Got the subs today. One I can tell has a smudge on the dust cap and a loose wire. The other one I cant if anything is wrong so I going to hook it up. Hopefully both are good or at least 1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Ripkon

CarAudio.com Regular
Ripkon
Virginia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from