DFW stereo off northwest highway, DFW area (grapevine TX)

Texas Tech
10+ year member

DFW
They gave me an okay price on a T3002 amp it was 350 bucks (that is with taX) i had trouble with it and since tehy are authorized i took it back to see how they could help me out. The owner had nothing to say to me but that i had to ship it off myself basically.

Hell, if i would have known that was going to happen i would have just gotten an amp online for less. If it messed up, i would have the same outcome. I would still have to ship it off myself without knowing why or what the problem is.

After seeing this customer service, i ahve decided to buy everything offline for now on.

I WILL buy from a store that has great customer service, if your nice and have good character i will buy from you, but they did not impress me.

Im sorry you had a bad experience. But Ive been going to DFW Stereo for my car audio needs for nearly 6 years now and Ive not once had a problem. Three cars with multiple systems in each and they've mostly all gone smoothly. And if any problems arose had been handled professionally and with little effort on my behalf. I love that they back their installations 100% for life.

They have easily the cheapest prices. Ive had to send in a blown Rockford Fosgate P3 sub once, its true they advise for you to send it in yourself but they explained why. First off they cannot warrantee the products (just like any retailer AKA Target, Walmart, Best Buy) because the manufacturer themselves will not support a broken product from a retailer. They tell you that up front before you purchase the item stating its a factory warrantee (usually one year) This means the manufacturer backs the product. This allows them to maintain the integrity of their own product by not having random repair shops to fix it. But DFW Stereo gives you two options, you can have them send it in on your behalf which is nice, or you can send it in yourself. The major issue with them sending it in on your behalf its that the manufacturer does not prioritize that repair first. They're more concerned with helping individuals with their products than a retailer. Thus it'll take much longer to get back.

Again Im sorry you experienced something that was unclear and seemed unfair but as I stated above there was a true motive in their action. And it was in your best interest. Over the years I have developed a bond with their service and reliability and now as a result of which I would never go anywhere else to have my car worked on. They do it professionally, with ease, and are always the best price. If you want a low end stereo you can go anywhere to get it, but higher end electronics manufacturers keep their exclusivity to dealers such as DFW Stereo. Best Buy and Car Toys usually have name brands but they're always the lowest models. Do yourself a favor and at least check out DFW Stereo's selection. They'll offer you a much larger variety at a price that beats any other.

I have contemplated purchasing some stuff online because occasionally some things are slightly cheaper but look at it this way. What you stated above about buying the product online instead means you get it from a non-authorized retailer online. Theres a good chance the product is dead on arrival. If it comes working and never presents any problems your golden. However if it ever has any problems and you contact Rockford Fosgate they will FIRST ask if you purchased it from an authorized dealer (such as DFW Stereo). Rockford Fosgate (and any other decent brand) will not support their products that were sold through unauthorized online retailers. A rule of thumb (being an Electrical Engineer) is to never buy any electronics online because there are literally millions of things that can go wrong in an electronic and once that happens your sh*t out of luck.

Im sorry you had a bad experience. But Ive been going to DFW Stereo for my car audio needs for nearly 6 years now and Ive not once had a problem. Three cars with multiple systems in each and they've mostly all gone smoothly. And if any problems arose had been handled professionally and with little effort on my behalf. I love that they back their installations 100% for life.
They have easily the cheapest prices. Ive had to send in a blown Rockford Fosgate P3 sub once, its true they advise for you to send it in yourself but they explained why. First off they cannot warrantee the products (just like any retailer AKA Target, Walmart, Best Buy) because the manufacturer themselves will not support a broken product from a retailer. They tell you that up front before you purchase the item stating its a factory warrantee (usually one year) This means the manufacturer backs the product. This allows them to maintain the integrity of their own product by not having random repair shops to fix it. But DFW Stereo gives you two options, you can have them send it in on your behalf which is nice, or you can send it in yourself. The major issue with them sending it in on your behalf its that the manufacturer does not prioritize that repair first. They're more concerned with helping individuals with their products than a retailer. Thus it'll take much longer to get back.

Again Im sorry you experienced something that was unclear and seemed unfair but as I stated above there was a true motive in their action. And it was in your best interest. Over the years I have developed a bond with their service and reliability and now as a result of which I would never go anywhere else to have my car worked on. They do it professionally, with ease, and are always the best price. If you want a low end stereo you can go anywhere to get it, but higher end electronics manufacturers keep their exclusivity to dealers such as DFW Stereo. Best Buy and Car Toys usually have name brands but they're always the lowest models. Do yourself a favor and at least check out DFW Stereo's selection. They'll offer you a much larger variety at a price that beats any other.

I have contemplated purchasing some stuff online because occasionally some things are slightly cheaper but look at it this way. What you stated above about buying the product online instead means you get it from a non-authorized retailer online. Theres a good chance the product is dead on arrival. If it comes working and never presents any problems your golden. However if it ever has any problems and you contact Rockford Fosgate they will FIRST ask if you purchased it from an authorized dealer (such as DFW Stereo). Rockford Fosgate (and any other decent brand) will not support their products that were sold through unauthorized online retailers. A rule of thumb (being an Electrical Engineer) is to never buy any electronics online because there are literally millions of things that can go wrong in an electronic and once that happens your sh*t out of luck.

Shut Up

Yes, please shut up.

tl;dr

Nice try. We know you own that shop.

Tintworld is now open in Grapevine. Come check us out if your interested in car audio, tint, detaling, and etc. We have great customer service and would love to help everyone with there vehicle needs. Thanks for your time.

I was ripped off as well. I wouldn't buy from DFW Stereo again if they sold me the items at half dealer cost and installed for free. This place is a ripoff and after they make numerous mistakes they refused to admit it or refund my money. The owner made the mistake and refused to remedy the problem. 8 asked for a resolution in several ways, but was told I need my receipt. Once I pulled out the receipt the owner still refused to refund my money. I believe this is a common practice with these sleazy individuals and warn everyone to stay clear. I had a reputable company correct the problems and install the speakers, amps and head unit properly. I am glad you have had good experiences in the past, but I would bet you will have issues in the future. Warning Avoid D/FW Stereo !!!!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...