Don't buy a Stetsom amp or PRV 3K

bigblank69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Eureka, MO
turns out they share the same amp board, and its a poop amp board. Just had a Stetsom 3KEQ on my test bench. Very dirty power and detonated at 1ohm (Bought the 1 ohm version). Person I know had a similar result on their dyno with the PRV.

NOPE! I have a video of it smoking. I was doing a setup run, I usually do a off camera test first to make sure everything is working first. First amp to ever pop on me that way. Only does 200W Certified (NOT JOKING), detonated at 1832 uncertified and 1990 dynamic.

Brazilian quality control is poop ! I bet if you got hold of another it would do fine . I don’t think they even do quality control they just replace it because it’s cheaper ! I got my taramps Hd 15000 and turned it on and it smoked ! They gave me another and it was and is fine in fact bang on it daily at .5 ohm and had it over a year now and not one once of trouble . I have set gains with o scope and try to stay out of clipping, it’s been great !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOPE! I have a video of it smoking. I was doing a setup run, I usually do a off camera test first to make sure everything is working first. First amp to ever pop on me that way. Only does 200W Certified (NOT JOKING), detonated at 1832 uncertified and 1990 dynamic.
Someone else tried doing a bench test on of of those amps on youtube and ended up smoking as well....dunno who it was.

if you didnt know... those boards cant handle a 1 ohm resistive load they are like the old taramps not meant for a true 1 ohm load.

If you want a real brazilian only the bass series from taramps or the power series from sound digital can handle a real 1 ohm load. The newest HD and Evo lines are capable as well but not the older models.

turns out they share the same amp board, and its a poop amp board. Just had a Stetsom 3KEQ on my test bench. Very dirty power and detonated at 1ohm (Bought the 1 ohm version). Person I know had a similar result on their dyno with the PRV.
Did you run it at a 1 ohm resistive or dynamic load? If you just had a static 1 ohm load, I'm not surprised it popped. They're not really engineered to do that....

I’d never buy a taramps stetsom PRV Banda etc.... all crap
I was impressed with the Banda amps I owned. Before the price hike, they were a great option. I mainly got the Taramps 20.2k for the "wow" factor, lol. It wasn't really meant to be used on subs.

Didn't you try out some Taramps 15k's?

I like Brazilian booty
I met a girl from Brazil last year who was really cool. Her accent was sexy as fawk. Should have gotten her number, but I had a woman at the time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.