Engine whine and ground loop fixes... take two

Can you do this trick with the pioneer Tv's

There rca's are not in the frame of the unit.

The unit is in a 98 chevy Z71.

And it has a whine when the vehicle is off and then whines when its on.

Has two grounds running to the radio, and a good ground to the amp.

What do ya'll think could be the issue?

Please help...

Nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
smile7.jpg

Ok I am running a kenwood ddx 812. I am not getting a whine but I am getting buzzing out the unit. I really hear it loud and clear when I turn the unit up and pause the song/dvd/ipod. Im using a memphis 300/4 for my front and rears. I have replaced the grounds on the hu and the amp. Also swaped the rca's and still nothing. Then I tried grounding the rca's to the hu but it got worse! What else can I try? Maybe a ground loop isolator will that working. I dont think this is a ground problem but I might be wrong.

Dont know if this is a ground loop or not but... I have a pioneer h/u, 2 punch 800s, and a cap. I recently had to change my fuse and fuse holder under the hood due to it melting together. So I replaced it and now when I turn the system on and off it has a loud popping and i can hear a high pitched noise. Then once I crank the engine it has a very loud engine noise. I have checked all grounds and all are bolted to thick metal. This only happens when i have the rcas from the head unit plugged into the amps. I can take an ipod and plug it into the amp for mids and highs and it works fine. Every thing was working fine untill i changed the Fuse holder......Any help would be great as ive been going around and around with this problem.

Has anyone grounded the RCA's to the H/U chasis on a headunit other than Pioneer? I just did this to my Kenwood tonight after my RCA grounds popping after 3 days. Is this safe to do to a Kenwood?

It also doesn't matter how you wrap them (each one separate, Left channel separate, right channel separate) correct? Just wrap them and ground them?

Ok I am running a kenwood ddx 812. I am not getting a whine but I am getting buzzing out the unit. I really hear it loud and clear when I turn the unit up and pause the song/dvd/ipod. Im using a memphis 300/4 for my front and rears. I have replaced the grounds on the hu and the amp. Also swaped the rca's and still nothing. Then I tried grounding the rca's to the hu but it got worse! What else can I try? Maybe a ground loop isolator will that working. I dont think this is a ground problem but I might be wrong.
Sounds like you need to call Kenwood tech support. Your H/U probably needs repairing.

I have the Magnaflow too and love it, my brother got his used from craigslist but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow Exhaust 16974, or you can try one of the sponsors here on the forum, they are allways having sales/specials. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

Has anyone grounded the RCA's to the H/U chasis on a headunit other than Pioneer? I just did this to my Kenwood tonight after my RCA grounds popping after 3 days. Is this safe to do to a Kenwood?It also doesn't matter how you wrap them (each one separate, Left channel separate, right channel separate) correct? Just wrap them and ground them?
Did this work on your Kenwood? Update please!

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 16974. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...