Head Unit Question, thanks!

Participant count
  • Participant list

tiger8mush

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all, I have a 2003 BMW 330Ci with the "Business" head unit that has a 1-disc cd player. It fits my needs (I don't need Bluetooth/streaming etc), but the rest of the system is stock Harmon Kardon and is weak. I want to start at the head unit before I look into amps/speakers/cables etc.

I've been told that this stock head unit is manufactured by Alpine (with BMW slapped on it) and outputs a "balanced differential signal". How does this compare to line level (RCAs) and speaker level? Should I upgrade this head unit? I'd prefer not to, because my single-DIN options are VERY limited (crutchfield has no audiophile-grade units that fit my car unfortunately), so will the stock head unit suffice for getting good sound quality if I upgrade the amps and speakers and speaker wire later on? If not, please let me know what you recommend that WILL fit my car.
Thanks for your help!
:)

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.