Help with box design - 2 Sundown Audio E-8 V.5

Participant count
  • Participants list

4BangerStanger

CarAudio.com Regular
DFW
Hey y'all. I've changed up my plans for a sub in my 2015 Mustang. I've opted to go with dual 8s instead of a single 10. I'll be running two Sundown Audio E-8 V.5 in a ported box. They'll be powered by a Taramps HD3000 amp. I mostly listen to rap, but some country and rock. My Max dimensions are:
Width: 37"
Height: 12"
Depth: whatever

I'd like for it to take up as much of the width as possible and I could probably sacrifice another inch or two on the height. The depth can be whatever it needs to be in order to make it work. If at possible, I'd prefer the port to be in the center of the box. But, not if it's going effect the performance.

I'd appreciate your help and thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Last edited:
37 wide 10 high 14 deep with 6 inch aeroport and 90deg pvc elbow. There is allowance for bracing and 2 45s. Final should be about 1.5 @38hz with 31 inches of port length.

Before you build the box, make a cardboard mock up the same size and make sure you can actually fit it in the car. I made the box for my gf's 17 Stang slightly smaller than I originally intended and if it was a fraction of an inch bigger in any dimension it wouldn't fit in the car.

37 wide 10 high 14 deep with 6 inch aeroport and 90deg pvc elbow. There is allowance for bracing and 2 45s. Final should be about 1.5 @38hz with 31 inches of port length.

Before you build the box, make a cardboard mock up the same size and make sure you can actually fit it in the car. I made the box for my gf's 17 Stang slightly smaller than I originally intended and if it was a fraction of an inch bigger in any dimension it wouldn't fit in the car.

Thanks for the reply. So, I can visualize what your saying, the subs and the port opening would be on the front side of the box, with the port being pretty much all the way to one side, then run and elbow so the remainder of the port runs parallel to the front side. Is that right?

BTW, what did put in your GFs Stang? Got any pics?

The subs and port would fire to the rear, the port would be off to one side and the elbow would allow the port to bend to get the length needed for desired tuning. For the music you listen to I would tune around 38hz.

I had 2 Sundown E 10s in her Stang for a short while. I pulled the box, changed the subs and now it gets used in my Jetta.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.