How to improve and add to stock cassette player

Participant count
  • Participants list

Studly189

CarAudio.com Newbie
I’m fixing up a 96 ford diesel and going to keep the stock cassette player in it to keep the original look. The pics attached are the same type of radio. I found a video where shows how to solder a auxiliary cord to it for a iPod. I was wondering is there a way to improve the sound without changing it out. I figured can upgrade the speakers but is there a way to hook a small amp to the radio or is there something out there that attaches too the wiring to improve the sound? 

688758B0-284A-4385-A926-403387BB5C72.png

FCCE1AD9-6BC9-4D6B-A54A-CF4E79D2E887.png

Nope. The source unit or Head Unit is so important for good sound quality.

You're better off replacing it with an aftermarket HU for around 100-150 bucks.

I’m fixing up a 96 ford diesel and going to keep the stock cassette player in it to keep the original look. The pics attached are the same type of radio. I found a video where shows how to solder a auxiliary cord to it for a iPod. I was wondering is there a way to improve the sound without changing it out. I figured can upgrade the speakers but is there a way to hook a small amp to the radio or is there something out there that attaches too the wiring to improve the sound? 
Keep the head unit there but it'll be completely useless. This DSP hidden somewhere will basically be your head unit and your main source of music will be bluetooth. This will feed into the amps and you'll run wire to your speakers and power it off all there.  The whole setup can be recycled in any car even in a new 2019 car easy. This will sound immaculate compared to anything you can possibly do with the stock head unit yes that includes using cds or cassettes or aux, the bluetooth 4.0 quality into a quality 24 bit dac will be several planets jump in sound quality. 

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dsp-408-4x8-dsp-digital-signal-processor-for-home-and-car-audio--230-500

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dsp-bt40-bluetooth-data-and-streaming-usb-interface-for-dsp-408--230-502

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.