I'm new and my first diy install and what is the best and most powerful 6x9 thank you

Pioneer had an article about it in pas years agoThe odd shape of the oval speakers creates high and low pressure points on the cone.

Not to mention the surround dimples in the corners limiting excursion and again creating a pressure point on the cone.

It doesn't really matter that for subs but the higher the frequency goes the more the sound is affected
Sorry but thats bogus. As long as it's playing within it's capable bandwidth it will sound like a round speaker playing the same bandwidth. Sure it will have artifacts playing to high. So will a round speaker.

Yes I hate the hu and wife isn't convinced or understand why I need to replace it , when I started this build I really wish I did more research I didn't even know what a dual sub even meant and there so many ways yiu can wire speakers but now I'm a sponge soaking all the knowledge and addicted to iy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so your boss deck has zero sound quality tuning options along with a poor low end audio convertor which means poor sound from the start. A good deck makes ALLL the difference in the world sound quality wise. You can have the most expensive speaker in the world and sound like sh*t in a poor setup with a crappy head unit while a flea market speaker on a nice head unit with a proper tune sound beyond amazing.

Head unit should be your main # 1 priority over ANYTHING else. I'd get a pioneer 2800bs or kenwood ddx 374 to replace that boss. As for nav, you dont need it. Just get android auto and you can navigate through your phone onto that screen.

Main thing about buying a head unit is. 24 bit dac, 13 band or higher EQ, time alignment and 4 volt pre-out or higher. Those are the BARE bones you need for any kind of audio results.

As for speakers, i'd invest in a 6x9 to 6.5 adapter and get quality drivers that can get loud and sound good. Almost all 6x9s on the market are trash quality.

Literally a pair of my PRV 6.5s completely destroyed a vehicle that had EIGHT 6x9s in terms of both loudness and sound quality. Sensitivity is the spec you look for when you want things loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...