JVC KD-X340BTS "No file" Error

Hi !

Glad to learn I'm not alone on the planet with this problem, although this topic is hard to spot on the web !

I own a JVC KD-X330BT, tried to upgrade it but same thing happened, got stuck on NO FILE on the dial.

Nothing works ! I did a reset, unplugged power plug in the back, but it still stuck.

One question please: why has the unit to stay unplugged for 5 days ? Did you try any shorter delay ?

Thanks a lot

Stephan

View attachment 2064

What worked for me.
I used a newer version usb, I think it's usb3.1 128Gb and it worked.
When I used an old usb 4gb it gave me a no file error.

The older drive worked for me as well, thanks! However, I think it also has to do with file system. My 4gb stick was FAT32 but I noticed my old 256mb stick was FAT. Anyone who doesn’t have an old stick on hand should try formatting in FAT.

I Managed to brick a KD-X330BT. Fail after fail and finally an 8 GB cheap drive formatted as FAT32 worked for me.
I tried a couple of others before with no success (formatted as exFAT, FAT and FAT32 as well).
No need to wait, just insert the USB drive and push the dial.
If the headunit can read the file it will update.
If not... Well you get the "NO FILE" message and you try your luck with another drive.
Whew, I'm relieved! Thanks for the great thread and good luck!

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...