Live in Charleston, where should I look?

Participant count
  • Participants list

macq32
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I just transferred to CofC, moved in about a month ago. I am getting a Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 to life amp and a 13tw5. I'm looking for a shop that isnt going to steal my money but that could produce a quality custom box, nothing fancy just something to go in the boot of my saab.

I checked out Custom car stereo earlier today, I was trying to see if they could take a look at my amp(likely blown), they guy said a diagnostic was $75. Seemed a bit much, i know a lot of places might do that for little or no charge, but I guess since I wasnt dedicating any other service with them it should have some kind of charge.

Still $75 seemed a bit much. I took a few minutes and did it my self, far far from an expert but im almost positive the amp is blown.

Anyone here dealt with them? Really I just need a box from them, but if i can have the Fosgate thrown in professionally for my 6 speakers plus my shallow mount for a reasonable price, why not.

Any thoughts or experiences?

I wouldnt mind traveling a few hrs for a really good experience

for future reference

A-1 sound solutions (north charleston, right on rivers, looks pretty ghetto but real cool owner). Had some awesome fiberglass work and only charged me $80 for a nice custom sealed mdf for the boot of my trunk, threw some resin in there and matched up carpet. Didn't have ass it, built an awesome box for 80! Best price/quality around for sure.

All the shops around themselves are ripoffs so dont waste your time

Not, It is on rivers just north of the Cosgrove intersection

When I switched my setup to my SI Mag V3 w/ alpine PDX 1000.1 I went back to have him build my second box... Robert did a great job and is the only guy ill go to if i need something fabricated

I do work in Charleston. Custom car is junk and yes $75 for a "diagnostic" is outrageous.

They plug it in and see what lights come on and some times will pull a connection or two so that even if it worked, it won't any more. Then will show you their amps and that you should buy one. Stay away if you want to keep some $

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...