Looking for a shop who wont guilt you on installing gear that you didnt buy from them

steve4134

Hey All

Name is Steve and I am looking for a shop to install a complete system. Nothing too drastic Component set up front rears and a fiberglass enclosure on the side of the trunk. 2 shops I went to looked at me like the biggest piece of garbage because I already had the 5 channel amp i wanted to use and the component set. The 2 shops didnt even carry the brands i wanted. I am in the Waterbury area as well as working in Orange. I welcome any recommendations or if anyone ever wants to meet up.

Steve

do it yourself, just my 2 cents. You will be a lot happier overall and it's a good time to learn as any.

Believe me as much as I want to I would just rather pay for a professional. If it was an older car maybe but its a 2010 Accord EX-L.

Steve

Pretty stupid to turn away business IMO. Especially considering there's really not much margin in equipment these days. AFAIK not a ton of members in here from CT but perhaps someone will chime in with a reputable shop.

Believe me as much as I want to I would just rather pay for a professional. If it was an older car maybe but its a 2010 Accord EX-L.
Steve
Just so you know.. most terrible jobs i've repaired are from "shops".. lol to each their own. Jprice doesn't do his own work either though..

Some people like the hobby but don't wish to deal with it personally, to each their own. I hope you find one around you man, lots of people on here may be willing to help ya for a lot less than a shop would charge man.

I would be open to that as well. I was shocked when the shops like we dont install used equipment. Then when i was its BNIB he was like we charge an up charge on equipment you didn't buy from us. I would be open if a member here had experience and wanted to do the work.

Steve

I would be open to that as well. I was shocked when the shops like we dont install used equipment. Then when i was its BNIB he was like we charge an up charge on equipment you didn't buy from us. I would be open if a member here had experience and wanted to do the work.
Steve
many a member here does work that puts a shop to shame.. they will chime in, just keep this thread bumped when you can for them to see ite

You nothing drastic. But a fiber glass enclosure isn't as easy as you think. And the better shops that make them usually want to install their own equipment

I am ok with picking up a sub and or wiring but if you don't carry the AMP or speakers I want but you do really good work why is it a big deal.

Steve

We are about an hour from you, but good reputation of installation. We install any equipment and can go through options of boxes available. let us know. 860.870.7676

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...