Northeast Region looking to get into SPL comp but can't find info

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
........damn
Make 2 columns with the power they're running next to their best #. half the power on one side and -3 from the dB side. Then consider that after a point on the high side they're probably not gaining anywhere near 3dB for doubling power and you'll get an idea of how efficient and loss-free your design must be to get those numbers!

theres a few sub 2k 150 cars in tnespl
Can't recall ever seeing one myself. Do you know who and what vehicle?

F*** TNE anyway, they can't even show up to shows outside NY anymore.

I'm looking to do some comp and wanted to know where i would stand as far as everyone else.... i can't find info anywheremy set-up is this(NO BIG 3)

amp: pioneer GM-D8601 also have a gm-9601 sitting around and Kenwood KAC-1502S for speakers

Subs: 2 DD audio 510b i think it's at 1 ohm. in ported... tuned to 40hz amp min i also have a type r 10d4 just sitting around in a ported box and some kind of sony explodes in a bypass huge *** box...

Head- kenwood KDC-X997- looking to get a app radio 3 soon

looking to see what i should improve other then get the big 3 done... i do have a second battery with a iso if i want to put it in.
150s with a pioneer GM-D8601 ****!! im doin somethin wrong

mikebik do you build your own boxes or have some one do it? spl is all about testing so if you can build your own its gonna save a lot. finding some one with a meter that lives close by would be good to.

A 150+ can be done with 2000. My buddy actually is us champ for 2013 in db drag did it on 1800 rms look it up. Team ssc Dan on termpro world finals 2013

mikebik do you build your own boxes or have some one do it? spl is all about testing so if you can build your own its gonna save a lot. finding some one with a meter that lives close by would be good to.
no i do not have the time to build them.i do know that it would be a lot cheaper if i did. i would love to build a fiberglass box but i don't have the time to.

A 150+ can be done with 2000. My buddy actually is us champ for 2013 in db drag did it on 1800 rms look it up. Team ssc Dan on termpro world finals 2013

I think the lesson here is that to do this you pretty much need an SPL friendly vehicle (or a really good wall) AND you'll be winning dB Drag world finals if you can pull it off.

Also I have a sneaky suspicion that that number comes at the expense of any bandwidth outside of the one peak frequency. I'll further wager than OP thinks he's going to have a daily driver that he can roll up to the lanes and see those numbers.

OP. Let me repeat. DO NOT spend any more money on this until you go to some shows and actually see what loud is like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.