Mobile Sound Systems in Arlington(DFW)

Lurius
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well, I had two amps installed back in january or febuary. I was too afraid to screw into the back cab wall myself lol. Now that I have a bit more exerience with car audio I decided to rip out my amps, add more deadener, install some new amps, and recarpet.

Here is what I paid this shop 300$ to do: Install two amplifiers in the rear cab wall of my truck, deaden behind them first with the deadener I supplied, and then carpet(I supplied because I couldent find a good match, I supplied 3 yardsx60" piece, way more than needed), and I had already ran all the wiring.

Heres what I got:

Notice the gap in the carpet? the exposed deadener?

234069.jpg

Fastforward to now, august.. I decided to take it all out after burning up my sub amp, so I figured I might as well re-carpet it and deaden some more since one amps gotta come off anyways, and im going to replace both soon enough.

I pull the carpet off:

245656.jpg

245658.jpg

They just took one piece and layed it across, crooked..

I paid for around 3 hours of labor, plus a couple wiring pieces, shop fees, etc, whatever.. and came up about 300$.

I never complained about the carpet because I had a plan to ass soem embroidered vinyl over that area anyways, so I figured meh, not worth the complaint. I had no idea they did such a lousy job deadening.

I actually just talked to them about some new RCAs the other day, will be down there to buy some, will make sure to show the pics of their "install" while im there.

I wouldent say avoid these guys, I think I must have just gotten a meth addict installer, just be sure you check all the work out, or you might end up with it like this.

By all account, these guys are supposed to be pretty good, but I dont trust them enough anymore to work on my truck, from now on im doing all my own installs..

-Lurius

PS: All the loose wiring there is my fault lol, was in middle of cleaning it up when I took them, excet the ones with carpet off, which I was in middle of removing amps. They did wire it all right though.

-Lurius

true story about autosound arlington::::they did actually have a drug addict installer. he works somewhere in ft. worth now(won't mention where.) but, seriously that ain't $300 woth of work, ever.

Let me just say, I have been a long time customer of this place. I have never had any problems, and have always received excellent service. Like all business establishments, they do from time to time get an employee who isn't quite up to snuf. In the over ten years I have been a customer they have honored there Lifetime Warranty. On the rare occassion when something needed to be fixed they have always been more than happy to oblige. Everyone in the store is very knowledgable and has never led me the wrong way. I think the fact that they have been in business in this industry for over 30 years is probably guarantee enough that they do good work. I'm sure if you made them aware of the issue they would have been just as upset and more than happy to fix it. I love this store, and it is the only place I have ever and will ever go to for my audio needs. As my wonderful system can attest, they do the best!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...