Need help got ripped off

Tommy SKAR

This is my story i recently bought my first system. i got a SKAR VVX 15 V2, AUDIOPIPE APSM 1300,JVC KWAV-61, and install kits etc. i have no experience in car audio so i bought what my friend told me to get and youtube'd everything and it look pretty awesome. So i cant install myself so i went to stereo works in branford,ct and got tints and a install, everything cost me like $1300. so i asked the guy when it was all done what ohm he wired my dual 4 ohm single sub to and he said (i got it to 1 ohm cause thats the most power i can get out of the amp)and me being new to all of this i was like great! now my friend who is a expert in car audio in Florida says it is impossible because of it being a dual four ohm you can only wire it to 2 ohm or 8 ohm that's it! unless you have two subs which i didn't. My friend asked me to read him the settings off of my amp and the bass boost was all the way up my bass boost freq was all the way up my subsonic wasn't on at all and my gain was all the way up so basically the shop tried to blow my system which I'm obviously furious about. So now i need to check if my sub is hooked up correctly and lol my stock amp was never hooked back up cause i only have highs no mids and bass from the sub, but i turned my system off cause I'm scared to blow my only and first system . I have a 2000 acura tl and it came stock with bose surround but after the install there is absolutley no bass coming from the interior speakers or the stock 8 inch bose sub lol craaaazy.....so if anyone that's in Connecticut that can help me rewire my system the right way please contact me

go back to them and *****! you live in the good ol USA! everyone gets what they want by bitching trust me it works every time. so just go back and ***** at them. tell them your problems or ask for a refund because everything was installed incorrect.

yea does is sound fucked up to you?....i called and they said we know what we are doing we have a shop and i had my friend call that knows his **** and they admitted to putting it on 1 ohm when its impossible and my friend flipped **** and they basically said **** you so im on probation and just came home or i would have went there and went off . i spent all my tyax return money on it i just wanted a good reliable system and a pro install and i got fucked

go back to them and *****! you live in the good ol USA! everyone gets what they want by bitching trust me it works every time. so just go back and ***** at them. tell them your problems or ask for a refund because everything was installed incorrect.
man i agree go back and get ur money back, that is so dumb and they should know better to even do that, i had my 1st one done at best buy (out of all places) and they did a better job then that, then i learned how to do it myself, if i can do it u can. as far as ur sub, if it is a dual 4 ohm, u want to do 2 ohm

1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.png

and get a DDM from walmart or DSO Nano from Amazon and set them ur self its so easy, there are some great people here to help u,

sounds ****** but go to the BBB and see if they are a member. if so complain to them. get all checked out and go back to the original install company and raise hell...do not damage anything in their shop as you may need to pay for it. stay as long as you can and tell customers your opinion. there are times that yelling will not get anything done. getting their customers upset and frustrated will get better results. if they ask you to leave then sit out front and tell customers of your bad experience. come one, how come nobody has suggested going to social media and blasting them. go to local craigslist and bash.

That^^^ if its legitimate business with certificates and licenses you can and will get your money back. now if its some back alley business with a bunch of youtube installers doing the work thats a different story.

But I'm telling you if you complain enough you'll get your money back or they will fix it. i used to work for valvoline instant oil change and when a customer bitched he got what he wanted although we did nothing wrong. Its just they will realize **** we can't get rid of him might swell make him happy and shut him up.

also DO NOT tamper with the install exactly how they left it LEAVE it. people get screwed over like that because it voids all warranties and guarantees a business gives.

ok i will def do that but i need my interior speaker to work again beacause its all highs i just dont know **** honestly about wiring, my friend said he will skype with me to wire my sub but the rest idk .....does it def sound like it was hooked up wrong in the amp settings to you guys?

If they mess it up look at the bright side, COMPLETELY NEW SOUNDS AT COMPANIES EXPENSE!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

like i said you live in america where a legitimate business HAS to own up to what they do. the key to getting this outcome is not tampering with their work or else that voids everything as i said before

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...