New audio setup for 2012 Impreza Hatchback

Participant count
  • Participant list

spwath

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am looking into upgrading the audio in my car, a 2012 impreza hatchback.

I have an aftermarket kenwood headunit, but it has some issues, and I would like to upgrade to android auto. I was thinking about the sony AX-5000 or the upcoming AX-7000 for the head unit, but am open to suggestions. I want android auto, 2 USB ports would be nice, and I would like a capacitive screen.

I am thinking ill probably keep the stock speakers for now, due to cost and difficulty in replacing. I was going to add a subwoofer though. I want quality over quantity of bass, other than that, not too sure. Bigger woofers in sealed cabinets seem like the best.

I know a lot about home audio, but not about car audio, so am unsure of the brands, and whats good. In total, looking to spend $750-$1000, preferably more around $750.

Any thoughts on what sub/amp, and if the rest of my plan is good would be very helpful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.