Noob in need of educated opinion >.< Send Help!

Participant count
  • Participants list

SiahSon

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'am looking for any opinions or insight on a good 12in sub (doubt I could fit a 15) to replace my newly deep fried 10in Orion H2. (picture attached may he RIP and live on forever in our hearts)

My goal is to get the loudest, low tone, car ratting, obnoxious teenager bass as possible given my space and budget.

First is my setup which consists of 2 sets of Inifinity Kappa 60CSX components ran by a Rockford T400-4 and a 10in Orion H2 (Born and lasted since 2002) recently fried by my Rockford T1500-1BDCP.

Second is my space which I admittedly drive a small women's hatchback (2016 Hyundai Veloster) which I can fit a 4cu ft box at max, which I will have built once I decide on the sub. I also attached a picture of my messy trunk to give a you visual on how constricting the trunk space is. Note that box I have in there is only about 1.75 cu ft.

Third is my budget which I would like to spend no more than $500-$600. I do live in the middle of the damn ocean in Hawaii so I need to take shipping into account as these heavy subs do not ship to me for cheap, and unfortunately we have not been able to train these damn dolphins to swim it over to me YET.

So I am not asking for for a definitive answer on which is the best or what would be the loudest. Just looking for opinions on other brands like Fi, Sundown, DC and if they have "better" options in my price range,  as there are no dealers in Hawaii who carry them. The only shops on Oahu carry Rockford, SKAR, and Xfire (he told me not to get it confused with Crossfire). As of right now the only things on my list are an HCCA 12, American Bass HD12, Older Model DS-18 Hooligan 12.2D (Amazon will ship either of these for free and they get "loud" supposedly), a SKAR ZVX (dealer on island claims its the best for the price) and a Rockford T1 12 (dealer who sold me the amps is trying to convince me this is as loud as it gets for the money unless i pay him 1500 for a T2). So absolutely any information and opinions will be appreciated and I do realize everyone is different so I am interested to hear what others would do in my situation, besides run my car into a Volcano. PS extra question for you car audio veterans. When I have the box built would it be more beneficial for me to build the port facing up into the cab for air movement or facing the back of the car which it will probably be almost flush or maybe 1 or 2 inches away from my hatchback door?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!!!!

20190612_191938 (1).jpg

20190529_103913.pdf.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.