Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

Anyone concerned about the positive connection of the alt being exposed to the elements after adding a larger wire?

I had to pull of the stock cap to add the 1/0ga terminal. Most big 3 pics I've seen just leave the terminal exposed.

My alt is near the bottom of the engine so I'm a little worried about it getting wet when it rains.

Anyone come up with a DIY cover for their terminal?

Anyone concerned about the positive connection of the alt being exposed to the elements after adding a larger wire?
I had to pull of the stock cap to add the 1/0ga terminal. Most big 3 pics I've seen just leave the terminal exposed.

My alt is near the bottom of the engine so I'm a little worried about it getting wet when it rains.

Anyone come up with a DIY cover for their terminal?
it won't make any difference if it gets wet....

Im gonna be performing this but was told that 0/1 gauge doesn't work well with my car, so would 4awg or 2awg still give me the uprgade benefit? stock alt is 90amp and im have a yellow top right now

Im gonna be performing this but was told that 0/1 gauge doesn't work well with my car, so would 4awg or 2awg still give me the uprgade benefit? stock alt is 90amp and im have a yellow top right now
if you have 0 then use it...I used 2awg on my 60amp alt.

I will be doing the big 3 on a 94 Taurus not a SHO. Currently there are 2 wires coming out of the positive battery terminal. One goes into a fuse block and the other to the starter. If I buy a battery terminal that excepts three positive wires, meanining one to the alt, one to the starter, & one to fuse block how do I get power to the amps in the trunk? Can I use a disto block and run the wire from the starter and fuse block to the disto block then to the positive on the battery?

get a different terminal. you will have the 2 stock wires, the amp lead, and the big 3 alt->battery wire.

thats 4 total.

depending on the terminal, and the stock wire size... you may be able to fit 2 wires in one hole.

nope...

ok...here it is...

Battery pos. to Alternator

Battery Neg. to Chassis

Chassis to engine

Use a 4 ga. cable wire or bigger.

It does not matter what color it is. Just go with the colors you want.

And THAT IS IT...

simple uh...

Good luck

ojust to make sure, i do batt + to alt +, batt - to alt case, and alt case to frame right?
you can do it as you posted and it will do the same thing.

I did it alt case to frame, batt neg to frame(at the same point as the alt case) and batt + to Alt +.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...