Overdrive crank pulleys?

So your alt only clamping 60 amps at ideal??? Sell it already! U had nothing but problems. Buy an excessive amperage plug it in and be happier then fvck... These hairpins I got are beast at my trucks 500-700rpm ideal. Way impressed.
I'm not just going to sell it to someone, because I know it doesn't perform correctly.

(In before Hispls rant about my Z's)

Jim was going to call Mike about it on Monday and see what the problem could be. Hopefully it can be fixed inexpensively.

You're right, should have just gone Excessive in the first place. Way cheaper

just making sure. I wouldn't change the crank myself. the alt company is supposed to use your engines stock crank diameter as a general reference to the pulley for the alt. atleast a lot do to avoid over spin and destroying bearings.

when i went from the cs small case alts to a HO ad244 they used a pulley a little smaller to match up with the new belt with the higher center point of the ad244 case. the guy who owns https://alternatorparts.com/ i think randy, knows a hell of a lot about it and explained it to me when i first purchased it and was wondering why there was a different pulley

never had a problem with an overdrive pulley

Mechman sent me a smaller pulley to get the RPM out of it at idle. But it also started giving me problems right before I traded the truck in.

[quote name='A_Contraptions']do remember, overdrive = smaller diameter pulley. under drive = bigger[/QUOTE]

Sorry, overdrive on both alts and am also looking for an overdrive crank pulley

[quote name='undone1']In reference to alt..yes....to the crank..no...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, correct. I made a mistake in the OP

[quote name='A_Contraptions']just making sure. I wouldn't change the crank myself. the alt company is supposed to use your engines stock crank diameter as a general reference to the pulley for the alt. atleast a lot do to avoid over spin and destroying bearings.[/QUOTE]

Alt was originally made for my car, which idled at 1500. It doesn't have enough output at 500 rpm for what I'm looking for. I don't know if I'll have to send it in and get something replaced or what.
@mylows10; was going to contact Mike and see what the issue is

[quote name='A_Contraptions']do remember, overdrive = smaller diameter pulley. under drive = bigger[/QUOTE]

Sorry, overdrive on both alts and am also looking for an overdrive crank pulley

[quote name='undone1']In reference to alt..yes....to the crank..no...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, correct. I made a mistake in the OP

[quote name='A_Contraptions']just making sure. I wouldn't change the crank myself. the alt company is supposed to use your engines stock crank diameter as a general reference to the pulley for the alt. atleast a lot do to avoid over spin and destroying bearings.[/QUOTE]

Alt was originally made for my car, which idled at 1500. It doesn't have enough output at 500 rpm for what I'm looking for. I don't know if I'll have to send it in and get something replaced or what.

@mylows10; was going to contact Mike and see what the issue is

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

adulbrich

5,000+ posts
Olive oil un-virginer
adulbrich
Ames, Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date