Pioneer w/ CarPlay in Scion iQ - Microphone, USB, AUX

Participant count
  • Participant list

watermelonclerk

CarAudio.com Newbie
Car: 2014 Scion IQ

New Head Unit: AVH-W4400NEX

So I am trying to figure out something before I go to the shop. I have a AVH-W4400NEX and Maestro SW(for steering wheel controls, etc) that I want to get installed. I want to have hands-free voice commands working great in my car. Currently my stock unit has a bluetooth connection which works with voice controls but I am unsure if my Scion IQ has a microphone for the stock unit or somewhere else in the car. 

But I want to make sure that IF it does, that I can get the audio shop to connect that microphone to the new head unit rather than running an external microphone IF they dont have to. Unless the quality on the external is going to be miles better. That's why I am asking here. 

I also have a USB and AUX port near my transmission stick that I really want to retain. It would **** to have them their with no use anymore. Would Maestro SW or even the Maestro RR allow that? The Maestro site made no mention of retaining USB/AUX with it. Is their anyway to retain them?

I thought I read on some pioneer site mentioning this head unit I bought will not retain USB/Aux/Sirius but cannot find it anymore. ?

Depends on how the car connects the aux and usb to the factory unit. My chevy cruze uses a usb cable all the way to the factory radio so no problems connecting that to a pioneer headunit. The microphone will prolly have to be an external on from pioneer since I'm quite sure the factory integrated mic is not going to plug into the pioneer radio without modification. Not saying you cant fo it but it will be much easier to just run the new mic to the drivers a pillar. The voice quality will be fine using the pioneer mic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.