Participant count
  • Participants list

patton422
10+ year member

Hey fellas I got a 04 Yukon xl.

Kenwood head unit

4 new kenwood 6 1/2s

4 Bose factory speakers

Just did a amp bypass $90. Worth every penny I got a ton more volume. But it’s all highs. I need bass

I hear  of brands like Dayton, DD, Image Dynamics. I was thinking 1 12” $200 500 Watts sealed box. I’ve never heard these subs I don’t know anyone that has them. Guy at audio shop was trying to push Rockford P3. What you guys think?

it depends on how much space you want to give up and your listening goals, DD is spl oriented prefers ported, Dayton and ID is on the SQ side, both can go sealed or ported enclosures, dayton requires smaller boxes while ID needs much bigger boxes. Rockford is on the overpriced and under performing side so definite skip. 

I didn’t want to give up a lot of space. I wanted to be able to move my box so I can use my truck for whatever I need to put in it. I saw a lot of 12s say 1 cubic foot. Should a idq12 need more space? I was even thinking a idqs12 if I can get my hands on one.

I didn’t want to give up a lot of space. I wanted to be able to move my box so I can use my truck for whatever I need to put in it. I saw a lot of 12s say 1 cubic foot. Should a idq12 need more space? I was even thinking a idqs12 if I can get my hands on one.
idqs need like 1.25 minimum to 1.8 cubic feet sealed. The motor is quite weak so it needs big boxes. I tried one out at 1 cubic feet and it was missing a lot of low end extension.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.