Rethinking my sub choice

Participant count
  • Participants list

4BangerStanger

CarAudio.com Regular
DFW
So, after quite a bit of research and discussion on here, I had made my decision to go with single 10" Dayton Reference HO sub. But, now I have it in my head that I might wanna do dual 8" instead. Doing so would allow me to build the box a little shorter, giving me more flexibility on the depth and width. Plus, it'll still be fairly light weight. And, of course a little more cone area wouldn't be a bad thing. The only downside I can really see would be the extra expense of the other sub. The 8" version of the Dayton is only slightly less expensive than the 10". So, what would y'all recommend, a single 10" or dual 8"? I mostly listen to hip hop, but some country, rock, etc. Whatever I choose will be powered by a Taramps HD3000 (1 ohm version). If I do make the switch to the 8s, are there any good options that might be cheaper than the Daytons?

DD 508, AB VFL844, Sundown E8v5 all good choices.

And yes the only difference with the 2 8s is the extra cost and increased cone area.
Thanks. I'm thinking I'll get dual 2ohm models and run the amp at 2 ohms. Do you think that's a good plan? Or would you recommend a different configuration?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.