Road Quake Audio & Accessories

why is it that almost all the people who are praising rq have 1 post and terrible spelling/grammar?
I agree. Its like they just made the account to post their sloppy response. I got no issues with RQ. I did get some BS over some power wire at the one location and found the price was way cheaper at the other.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif But you can find a deal there from time to time. People get ripped off because they spend on impulse. You think you found a great deal for the exact amount of dough you got and you find it was too good to be true. That's why you look around and compare prices.

I've dealt with Rob at RQ, and found him to be very knowledgeable. He spent quite a bit of time talking to me, and even showed me around the shop and install bays. I don't know much about the owner, Don, but I had no problems with Rob at all. The only thing I've purchased from them so far was a few install accessories, but I would not hesitate to check back with them for something I might need.

well looks like things have turned around at roadquake I went there the other day and got good service they took there time and made sure I was satified I look forward to doing more bussiness with them in the near future

Road Quake has changed a lot since then man. They started out in brookpark actually in the flea market, they moved up to parma town mall and started selling more shyt and better quality brands. Now they actually have there own store now right by the mall and sell decent brands and switched all the old workers. The installer there is top notch and they are planning on buying a second building and expanding. A few years ago they were starting out and now there actually doing pretty well, I would check out this shop definately.
Actually Roadquake started out over 20 years ago on W. 150th and brookpark roads. They went out of business over there... ask around as to why..

they were caught and convicted of stealing back the stuff they were installing.

I had an alarm (even had perimeter and interior motion detection) installed there back in the day.. and funny how easily my alarm was disabled and my car broken into..

a real security shop wouldn't have mounted my siren in such an easy to reach spot where the wires could be cut rendering it useless

maybe the new roadquake isn't the same as the old quake.. but I'd steer clear just in case..

the car security business should be about helping you keep your stuff secure.. not about helping themselves... to your cash... and your stuff

Actually Roadquake started out over 20 years ago on W. 150th and brookpark roads. They went out of business over there... ask around as to why..
they were caught and convicted of stealing back the stuff they were installing.

I had an alarm (even had perimeter and interior motion detection) installed there back in the day.. and funny how easily my alarm was disabled and my car broken into..

a real security shop wouldn't have mounted my siren in such an easy to reach spot where the wires could be cut rendering it useless

maybe the new roadquake isn't the same as the old quake.. but I'd steer clear just in case..

the car security business should be about helping you keep your stuff secure.. not about helping themselves... to your cash... and your stuff
If you think this is the only audio shop to ever do this, you haven't been around long. As far as steering clear of RoadQuake, if you haven't visited lately, you shouldn't be bashing them. As you stated, they went out of business, and then re-opened later. They have a store at Smith Rd./Commerce Dr. in Brook Park now, and they seem to be doing pretty well. They are now an authorized Rockford Dealer, and have a pretty good selection of Cadence also.

This place is down the street from me haha. I hear they get your address an steal their **** back tho.. Pretty shady. I get wire from there tho. Cause it's local and good price. I think my 13 feet of 4g was like 17 dollars. I wonder if they got anything bigger.. Weird how people here go there and it's so close to me. I would never buy anything more than wire or some connectors though. The dude are so shady lookin and lazy I wouldn't trust it

I've been to roadquake numerous times. A lot of low-end stuff. The shop with the garage isn't that bad, but there was this one kid there that was just a huuuugggeee dick. The one with the trash stash. Trying to charge me 10 bucks for 2 runs on the termlab.

Oh, and don't even think about buying wire from this place. There 0g is $3 a foot right now, but it is more like a true 4g. about half of it is insulation, half wire.

So I go here today, and what do you know these guys are pissed at me for writing about the wire. Apparently everyone reads this around here and they loose business, so I'm going to try to be a little open-minded., even though they wouldn't even sell me some fuses because I wrote that ^

Okay, audiopipe wire isn't terrible... but when I get sold QPower wire as audiopipe 0g and look that its half the copper of the audiopipe, I'm gonna get a little mad here. True, maybe I should've checked before I buy it, but I though all you carried was audiopipe?

I purchased a sundown audio SAX 100.4d from this store a few months back. Payed $420 for it, can now get it from Jacob himself for $320 on sale, and normally $365. The amp was dead on arrival, and this is in NO way roadquakes fault, even though they offered to cover it under warranty and have it fixed in less than a week.

This store also offered to sell me 2 sundown SA-12's for cheaper than you could find online or anywhere else, which was a deal even though I didn't go through on it.

Its a good store and the prices are fair, but if you don't know a lot about audio bring some extra cash, and don't be afraid to go home and do some research before you spend your weeks paycheck.

amazing what bribery can do. 2 weeks ago it was low end stuff and personal attacks on the employees and now that they offered you a deal on something everyone should shop there.

So I go here today, and what do you know these guys are pissed at me for writing about the wire. Apparently everyone reads this around here and they loose business, so I'm going to try to be a little open-minded., even though they wouldn't even sell me some fuses because I wrote that ^
so a paying customer came in and they wouldnt sell you something just because you were honest about their shady business? wow this place sounds great! maybe instead of treating customers like that they need to address why all the opinions are the same. they steal **** and are rude. sounds like a great place.

so a paying customer came in and they wouldnt sell you something just because you were honest about their shady business? wow this place sounds great! maybe instead of treating customers like that they need to address why all the opinions are the same. they steal **** and are rude. sounds like a great place.
Exactly what I'm saying.

amazing what bribery can do. 2 weeks ago it was low end stuff and personal attacks on the employees and now that they offered you a deal on something everyone should shop there.
No, sorry I wasn't clear on that, this was before they read that review.

Hey, all you people who are praising Roadquake. Listen up to this.

Hellraizing Sound Systems in North Royalton, Ohio has been around for just as long as Roadquake. They do quality stuff. Seen the Batman/Superman Escalade? Heard how they've won King of Cleveland over and over? Unfortunately, they're not brought up in forums like this much. Probably because they deal more with older people instead of teenagers and young adults, people with a lot of cash to burn.

Anyway, the owner, Al, is a nice guy. He keeps his prices fair and performs honest work in a timely fashion, often bending to customer requests with no issue. I've seen a lot of his work up close, and he's even done some stuff for me. Customized radios, TVs in the seats, neons, air ride, you name it, he can do it. And if he can't, he has connections that can. Now, I've never gone to Roadquake because Hellraizing is closer and I like they're work. However, Al's been to the place a few times, and what he's told me about it isn't very good. Also, what I've seen of their stuff isn't that awesome, either. I've heard from a lot of people that they're prices are ridiculous and their products are cheap, not to mention their installation isn't up to par.

But that's nothing compared to the **** they pulled at last night's car show. Now, I don't know about other Roadquakes, but this was the one that used to be in Parma and moved. All of their cars were lined up, with pretty shoddy work done and systems that couldn't stay running. Hellraizing rolls in with the tricked up Escalade, speakers blasting, and steals the whole show. It was pretty amazing. But then it turns out that while Al was talking with people about his work, the owner and his girlfriend along with several others were handing out Roadquake flyers and saying the Escalade was THEIR work. And at the same time, they were dissing Hellraizing's work. Al, as well as several other people, told me about this and I was appalled.

The one time this busy man finds a chance to advertise, Roadquake dives in and steals it away without a second thought. Roman Chariot pulled a stunt like that on the poor guy last year, too. I don't know if Roadquake does this to other shops, but it's downright despicable. It disgusts me that anyone would be so underhanded when they're already "doing so well," as so many of you put it. Personally, I wouldn't associate with those people at all after what they pulled. They don't deserve the business they get.

Seriously, if you people want quality, honest work, go to Hellraizing Sound Systems in North Royalton! Al will hook you up right, and he's a great guy. And you can quote me on that.

amazing first post.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

Hey, all you people who are praising Roadquake. Listen up to this.
Hellraizing Sound Systems in North Royalton, Ohio has been around for just as long as Roadquake. They do quality stuff. Seen the Batman/Superman Escalade? Heard how they've won King of Cleveland over and over? Unfortunately, they're not brought up in forums like this much. Probably because they deal more with older people instead of teenagers and young adults, people with a lot of cash to burn.

Anyway, the owner, Al, is a nice guy. He keeps his prices fair and performs honest work in a timely fashion, often bending to customer requests with no issue. I've seen a lot of his work up close, and he's even done some stuff for me. Customized radios, TVs in the seats, neons, air ride, you name it, he can do it. And if he can't, he has connections that can. Now, I've never gone to Roadquake because Hellraizing is closer and I like they're work. However, Al's been to the place a few times, and what he's told me about it isn't very good. Also, what I've seen of their stuff isn't that awesome, either. I've heard from a lot of people that they're prices are ridiculous and their products are cheap, not to mention their installation isn't up to par.

But that's nothing compared to the **** they pulled at last night's car show. Now, I don't know about other Roadquakes, but this was the one that used to be in Parma and moved. All of their cars were lined up, with pretty shoddy work done and systems that couldn't stay running. Hellraizing rolls in with the tricked up Escalade, speakers blasting, and steals the whole show. It was pretty amazing. But then it turns out that while Al was talking with people about his work, the owner and his girlfriend along with several others were handing out Roadquake flyers and saying the Escalade was THEIR work. And at the same time, they were dissing Hellraizing's work. Al, as well as several other people, told me about this and I was appalled.

The one time this busy man finds a chance to advertise, Roadquake dives in and steals it away without a second thought. Roman Chariot pulled a stunt like that on the poor guy last year, too. I don't know if Roadquake does this to other shops, but it's downright despicable. It disgusts me that anyone would be so underhanded when they're already "doing so well," as so many of you put it. Personally, I wouldn't associate with those people at all after what they pulled. They don't deserve the business they get.

Seriously, if you people want quality, honest work, go to Hellraizing Sound Systems in North Royalton! Al will hook you up right, and he's a great guy. And you can quote me on that.
I can def vouch for the quality of work done at hellraizing that escalade is nasty.… the only thing i dont understand about the above comment is how is it possible for roadquake people to say they did mr marcus's escalade if there are HUGE hellraizing stickers all over it… you'd have to be retarded not to realize that even if roadquake kids were claiming that ride.

wish i could quote everyones negative comments about RQ, yea back in the day the shop wasnt so great at the flea market but their shop has improved some in the recent years, about 7 month ago i had a issue i bought a new car and swapped the system in to the new car and for some reason it sounded horrible!, went to RQ and the owners son took my car in the back bays and we sat their for almost a hour trying to tune it re wire with rcas volt drops everything you could think of, didnt even charge me a dime to do so, he basically did 1 hour of labor for free and im not customer that comes in regularly only when i need some thing here and there.

one time i didnt want to buy a new cd player at the time didnt have enough money to do so. so i payed a different car shop to hook up my stock cd player to my amp with some kind of pac convertor box basically rca's , well they screwed that up and when i would get my vulume to around 3/4 way up my amp would cut off untill i dropped the volume back down, best for less conned me into gettin a cap said i needed more power and when the cap didnt work they got me on a battery, still wasnt working right, feeling like i got ripped off by 2 different car shops in a month i called RQ when they had their install shop in parma i went there they werent even supposed to be letting people there yet because the place wasnt ready but they said top come by and theyll fix my problem. i think it was jake? the guy with the " touretts" he let me in and thats when i seen that 107.9 hummer there. was nasty showed me everything what they were doin to it. jake figured out they ran my remote wire into that pac convertor box which is supposed to be my fuse or ignition, he spent 30 minutes tryng to figure out what was wrong and when he did he re did that box and sliced my remote into my ignition put my dash back together and sent me on my way. roadquake is pretty good in my book, i go to other local shops, family car audio, noyz n toyz, big boi toys, best for lss and they really dont have much selection compared to roadquake, i dont think a establishment would have 3 locations if they werent doin good. and IF they sell stolen **** there thats not their fault untill they stop accepting trade ins, like alot of other car audio places accept trade ins, just because your crappy kicker comps got stolen and theres a used pair at RQ dont mean its yours or its stolen, i myself have legitely bought subs and traded them in there before. RQ is pretty good car shop my service has never been anything unacceptable. the end

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...