Should i upgrade to Highend Headunit? Latest technology VS old school advice me please :)

Participant count
  • Participant list

mio
10+ year member

EUROPE
Hello guys, long time no see,
here is my misterious dilemma, my current set up is this
front jl audio 5 series , rear jl audio 5 series ,
mosconi amplifier 120w x 4 channel for my speakers , 2 farads capacitor to hold energy,
high end cables from focal,
tweeters and cross overs from jl audio,
head unit receiver
sony xb100bt it was 400w stereo but i dont use amplifier right now since i am hoocked to my mosconi amplifier, i do play only mp3 files nothing else they are all 320kbps i dont care about flac and losless since it takes so much space i play from my s8+
via aux cable it have also dolby atmos which i am not sure if it makes any difference..
this is the output of samsung , 32-bit/384kHz audio i play offline store from my microsd card only i hate cloud and online streaming since i-net is cutting i live in bad area .
So my question is this since i listen music from my phone only, i dont care about cd/dvd and other things i even have bluetooth which i dont use or usb which i dont use at all...
should i upgrade my car stereo receiver and will i receive any benefit other than spended money ?
Do you think
Sony RSX-GS9 ,Pioneer DEX-P99RS,
Clarion DRZ-9255 any of these are better than my head unit will i notice the difference or not ?
If you have more questions let me know i am seriously considering pioneer or sony but i am not sure if they are much better for the work that i will use them for mp3s from my phone.... if someone have more information let me know
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
keep your sh*t, add a DSP run active networks, do a full system SQ tune with RTA etc....  use your 4 channel amp's 1 and 2 for tweets and 3 and 4 for midrange, leave your rear on head unit power. Anything to the rear will mess up your soundstage completely.  DSP > any head unit. Also Aux is the bottom of the barrel because you have the phone's dac and the head unit dac fighting together, usually messes up the sound and you have another aspect that can clip your system aka your phone's pre-out signal from the aux port.

The head unit/DSP only matters if you use the audio tuning capability and features properly. 

As for 320kbps wise, you might want spotify premium (i only pay 2.50 with a family plan a month)  You can download 320kbps songs or even whole album collections and discographies to your phone and make specific playlists, easy to navigate and the quality is great and stable, not random like the crap you find online that lists 320kbps but its actually 128.  There's also feature that keeps all output levels the same which is very very useful to prevent clipping. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.