Speaker FAQ

Say, I'd like to get a clarification about phasing. I assume you hook up the passenger side tweet to make up for the distance, but I'm not ceertain. Anyone want to tackle that one? It was asked before, so Im not the only one.

I'm Not Sure How My Aftermarket Speakers Were Installed. I Want To Replace Them And I'm Not Sure If I Sure Go With Components Or Just Replace My Doors And Rears. I Recently Installed An Amp And The Sound Isn't That Different. What Should I Do To Make The System Mines?

Also Do Head Units Increase Volume?

I am a very big fan of active crossovers, having experienced the improvements they bring. Once you have an active crossover, it is also much easier to alter it to suit different 'speaker configurations than it is with a passive crossover.

Proofreading

SEO Copywriting

will my system sound bad if i put a component set in the front with the tweeters on the dash and the a set of coaxials in the rear door? should i just pay the extra for two full component sets? or could i get two sets of coaxials and a separate set of tweeters?

i'm not so great at figuring out the details on what sounds great, any feedback would be awesome thanks

J-Rod

I'm looking at replacing my factory speakers in my 07 Avalanche. I pulled a back door speaker and saw that the Ohms listed on the speaker is 8 Ohms. can this be correct??? I'm not sure if i can find car speakers rated at 8 Ohms. I do not think there is an amp in my vehicle. This is a non Bose system.

I do not thtink I can put 4 Ohms speakers in as replacements. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

I'm looking at replacing my factory speakers in my 07 Avalanche. I pulled a back door speaker and saw that the Ohms listed on the speaker is 8 Ohms. can this be correct??? I'm not sure if i can find car speakers rated at 8 Ohms. I do not think there is an amp in my vehicle. This is a non Bose system.
I do not thtink I can put 4 Ohms speakers in as replacements. What are your thoughts?

Thanks
You should make a new thread for this question and not reply to the ancient stickies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

You should make a new thread for this question and not reply to the ancient stickies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Thanks, I will do that. Feel free to delete my original post.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.