Stereo West in Omaha

Guys just to let anyone know that Stereo West has came with new owners about 2 years ago and I can tell you atleast here in Omaha Metro Audio was running things but since the change if you dont know now you know Stereo West is voted for a Nationally known award for 2006... I used to go to metro and even owned treo and still have a little but not once through out my whole time with them have the offered to get me louder for comp. except with buying items... Which ****** because our car club travels to shows and I would still hit the same number.... So then Bill Gass came back to Stereo West and opened there eyes to what the comp. seen can give them and all our team and other people have been getting louder with there stereo items.... I am currently at a 145.6 in a Olds Alero with 2 tens and 1 treo amp because I cant get another amp due tohaving 4 kids... I was at 141.0 before. .... They have given help to increase sound to anyone that wants the help... Now I cant talk for the Lincoln store I dont know anyone out there... Holla Later
Your grammar is horrid:suicide: .....or maybe its your twinkie fingers. lol

**** they better be a good shop. They are one of the retail sponsors for the 07 USACi finals. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
they were named mobile electronics magazine 2007 small chain of the year. i have a feeling thats for the shops in omaha. the one in lincoln isnt that great at all IMO. 250 dollars to rerun some power wire...cmon now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

i work with a guy that used to install at stereo west in omaha. I know this guy really well and way to nice of a guy to jack anyone's ****. But thats the only guy that i know, so i'm not sticking up for anyone else.

I too heard about them installing extra hide-away switches to disable alarms in the wheel wells back before '00. There are some nice guys there, but I dont think they always know what comes out of their mouths. You can go in there and ask for the best coaxials (coaxials might be a bad example but none the less) and they will try to sell you a 200$ pair of JL's sh*t bucket TR line. I was talking to them about some ideas I had and they told me it would be impossible (yeah way to sell your services) to hit 140db in my truck, I'll never consider them or recommend them to others.

A) Theres nothing that they sell that cant be found cheaper elsewhere

B) They overate just about everything they sell, maybe they get commission?

C) Some of them just dont know what they are talking about

I think Drew at the Omaha off Dodge location was a fairly straight shooter. Why do they send you thank you cards anyways? They are barely legible.

pzaully

I have been talking to a friend I'm installing some items for and mentioned this thread. He wanted to make sure that a gentleman named Randy at stereo west in Omaha got nothing but good reviews. He said hes the guy that rolls a toyota matrix and believes him to be the district manager for omaha.

Anyways, just throwing it out for my friend.

I have been talking to a friend I'm installing some items for and mentioned this thread. He wanted to make sure that a gentleman named Randy at stereo west in Omaha got nothing but good reviews. He said hes the guy that rolls a toyota matrix and believes him to be the district manager for omaha.
Anyways, just throwing it out for my friend.
Your talking about RD he is cool.. He helps a lot of us people that do stereo Comps he is very fair and he is that shops manager. Holla later.

Your talking about RD he is cool.. He helps a lot of us people that do stereo Comps he is very fair and he is that shops manager. Holla later.
Actually RD is the general manager of all three SWAT locations, and the store manager at Dodge Street

Actually RD is the general manager of all three SWAT locations, and the store manager at Dodge Street
Yep, I've been dealing with SWAT for going on 6 years now, and they've done 5 different systems in 4 different vehicles for me, I've never had a problem with them and they always get things taken care of for me, and I plan on going back for system #6 in a few months.

stereowest customers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
DJSCREW and others,

The story of audio stores selling, installing, then STEALING the gear back, is as old as time. Truth of the matter is, it is a bad few that do it, and make a bad name for others.

It is about as likely as going to the hospital for a spider bite, and having a leg amputated accidentally, it is maybe .0001% of chance.

HOWEVER, FOR YOU TO SAY THAT A REPUTABLE COMPANY like SWAT does it as policy, or condones it is ABSURD!

Even if there is only one employee doing it consistently, don't you think the police could easily link the pieces together? Of course they would. AND IF THEY DID THIS AS A COMPANY THEY WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!

As far as installing a secret switch to disable an alarm (you didn't post that) that is just assinine. An installer would just code another remote to your alarm....

The thing that bothers me the most about your post, is that many of us in this industry work very hard to uphold a practice of honesty, and integrity for many years. Unfortunately, it only takes one ignorant, misinformed, or immature kid to help spread a ridiculous rumor such as this, about a long standing business in the community.

You obviously have no idea whatsoever, how damaging your "old lady" gossip is to professional and hard working people/businesses.

As a professional in this industry for 15 years, I will share with you how thefts normally happen:

1. Police will tell you that almost 50% of audio gear stolen from cars soon after purchase, are done so by YOUR FRIENDS, or FRIENDS OF THEIRS!

2. Most young people that get new gear, DRIVE DOWN THE ROAD WHERE THEY LIVE BLASTING IT AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE, and being proud of their new gear, SHOW IT OFF EVERY TIME THEY CAN! Doing this attracts all kinds of attention from EVERYONE! Including low life types....

This accounts for 8 out of 10 thefts of car audio gear.

Yes I have been a little brash with you, but you shouldn't be repeating such ignorance.

The best way to leave a stereo shop feeling comfortable, is to listen to them, and buy a good alarm. Have them DELETE all transmitters for your unit in front of you, then code ONLY your remotes right there. Secondly, don't post your new stuff on myspace, don't brag to all of your buddies about how much $$ you just put in your car. And when you get about a mile from home, turn Dr. Dre down, so people don't hear your system, and watch where you park their next score.

Most installers that work for me make more than their parents, AND get car audio so cheap it would blow your mind. So to take the chance of losing their career, and going to jail is extremely STUPID, NOT UNLIKE YOUR SPREADING OF THIS PETTY RUMOR.......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

I too heard about them installing extra hide-away switches to disable alarms in the wheel wells back before '00. There are some nice guys there, but I dont think they always know what comes out of their mouths. You can go in there and ask for the best coaxials (coaxials might be a bad example but none the less) and they will try to sell you a 200$ pair of JL's sh*t bucket TR line. I was talking to them about some ideas I had and they told me it would be impossible (yeah way to sell your services) to hit 140db in my truck, I'll never consider them or recommend them to others.
A) Theres nothing that they sell that cant be found cheaper elsewhere

B) They overate just about everything they sell, maybe they get commission?

C) Some of them just dont know what they are talking about

I think Drew at the Omaha off Dodge location was a fairly straight shooter. Why do they send you thank you cards anyways? They are barely legible.

pzaully

I APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT i AM ABOUT TO SAY IN ADVANCE, YOU JUST DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE..

hey stereo west opened their new/ old store! they moved back across the street in omaha.

i do agree that some of them dont know what they are talking about. and you can find everything they sell cheaper. they say "a doller per watt" for all amps they have. i would need two of their biggest amps, costing me about $2000 dollars. never gonna happen lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...