TC Sounds LMS Ultra Motor and Parts

SoCalBean420
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cali
Item(s) for Sale:Still have a spare tc4lm/lms motor for sale. Also enough parts to almost build you an og linear type driver. (Coil,spiders,baskets and rohacell cone 18") Have two baskets available the 15" silver pictured and a 18") buyer choose which basket he wants.

Item(s) Description/Condition: Both the motor and baskets are used. Coil, spiders and cone are brand new.

Price: $500 + shipping for motor,basket, one coil, and two spiders. Cone is optional.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know if there's a difference between the LMS 5400 motor and other 4hp motors?

LMS 5400 is about the only audio toy I still really want and haven't yet owned.

Anybody know if there's a difference between the LMS 5400 motor and other 4hp motors?
LMS 5400 is about the only audio toy I still really want and haven't yet owned.
I finally own both so I can comment. The 5400 motor as a shorter top plate than the 5200, and of course the extra slug. Gap width is the same.
It's kinda like the difference between the 3HP and TC9. One has a tall top plate and delivers more BL, the other has a short top plate and delivers linearity.

I finally own both so I can comment. The 5400 motor as a shorter top plate than the 5200, and of course the extra slug. Gap width is the same.
It's kinda like the difference between the 3HP and TC9. One has a tall top plate and delivers more BL, the other has a short top plate and delivers linearity.
Im surprised sone the lms uses varible windings.

I can only assume that the lms used a 2 layer base winding and the 5200 a 4 layer coil. Or 4 and 8.

Btw i still want those mids just had to replace my windshield and had some flags on my lisence..

Im surprised sone the lms uses varible windings.I can only assume that the lms used a 2 layer base winding and the 5200 a 4 layer coil. Or 4 and 8.

Btw i still want those mids just had to replace my windshield and had some flags on my lisence..
5200 Had a 8layer in stock form. Got the stock one right beside me and its the heaviest coil i have ever picked up im talkin lbs here

5200 Had a 8layer in stock form. Got the stock one right beside me and its the heaviest coil i have ever picked up im talkin lbs here
im guessing the LMS was 4 layer as a base and in the "thicker" sections towards the end on the coil probably 8 layer.. by far IMO the best driver was the pr 5100 underhung neo design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.