Tuning help

Participant count
  • Participants list

Acerockola

Hello, I'm new to car audio and I just finished installing my new system. It's comprised of a pioneer deh80prs head unit, polk db6501 components up front and db651 in the rear. A JL Audio 360/4 amp, a rockford fosgate r500x1d mono amp and a p2d4-12 sub in a sealed box. I also have damplifier pro in the 4 doors and trunk. I'm running it passive right now as I learn more about how things work. I did the auto tune and it sounds really good but I think it could sound better. I was wondering if there is anyone near the western suburbs of Chicago that might be able to help with the tuning? Someone with equipment like a oscope or RTA and the know how of fine tuning a system. I want to get the most out of my investment. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Did you say you dropped it off at the autoshop? Well that's the problem. Not all all mechanics are made alike. Even if they are ASE certified...
Turn the subwoofer output to max. Turn the gain down on the amp to where you're comfortable the the amp isn't clipping. Play a 0db sine wave at...
I may have missed it, but do you have sound deadener on the doors? If not that could be why you're lacking midbass.
Do you intend to drive around playing test tones? If your intention is to play music, you should be using music you intend to play to dial in...

About this thread

Acerockola

Acerockola
Chicago,IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Acerockola