Where to buy door seals? Not just weather seals.

Participant count
  • Participants list

Halenstone

CarAudio.com Newbie
I installed sound deadening and sound insulation in my truck this weekend, used Killmat and closed cell.  Made a huge difference!  However, I do get quite a bit of road noise comming in from the seals on the doors.  I noticed that some were torn and others just had quite a bit of wear and were flimsy.  Everywhere online I go I just get the option to buy the weather seal strip that goes on top of the doors, but I need the seal that goes all the way around the door.  I know I could save myself some hassle and order it all from the Dodge dealer...at 2x to 4x the price I could find it online, but I did also just replace all my speakers and eventually want to buy/install an amp.  Any help would be appreciated.

audioholic thanks.  I'll give it a try.  I did go to the Dodge dealer and for the seals that go on the doors plus the seals that go on the body the total was $850!!!!  Thing is, the seals aren't torn (except for the rear driver's side, cause of my dogs getting in and out), but they are pretty soft from age and wear, so when I hit freeway speeds I can hear wind sneeking in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.