Who Competes?

Our team competes in MECA. Last year I only attended about 6 or 7 events due to lack of finances though. Phil Rowe from the team won first place at MECA World Finals in S3 class with 151.9 db.

i compete in FCBC, its a ky comp. more less like a daily system/db drag kinda thing. im bout give meca some thought and try to get into the S2 class

seeing that Team TH (Donny) above is in S3 doing a 151+ lol

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

ive never burped mine so i dont know what it will do on a full tilt bass tone

meca can be a little boring, but thats what the people are there for. and as far as getting into s2 because someone is doing a 51 in s3... there are 150+ cars in pretty much every class in meca. im slowly working on mine now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

ugh lol. well i guess ima have to start working on a 50. i think i could get close with better encloser or i could do a wall and prolly get it pretty easy. but ima cheap fvck lol. im happy with my numbers i only have like $700 total in my system.

I'd compete because I don't know the rules and there are no comps in my area. The rules issue is easy to overcome but I really don't have time to drive 200+ miles to compete.

Maybe I'll buy a two mic termlab and host my own event. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

apparently. We used to do 155's in our sleep in that class just a couple of years ago. Oh well, MECA fail is MECA fail.
Remember everything is at the headrest now, and no more maxi/multiple fuses. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

155's were possible all day in S1 back in 2005-2006. Not so much anymore.

But you are right a little bit. 151 in S3 is definitely low. I did a 154 last year in S3.

I'm just wondering who here competes? I mean do you build just to have what YOU think is a nice system? Or are you building to compete? From what I'm seeing there are fewer people going to events and competing. The support for car audio is lacking to say the least. How many here actually go and attend events? If you don't compete what is holding you back?
Chuck
I just got into competing this year... Db drag is pretty big in Ohio as far as competition organizations go but every now and then u get usaci, iasca, or meca events.... Your from GA and i know they have a lot of multi point events down around there... and most people might just not want to spend the money to compete because as far as db drag/idbl/outlaw etc goes, the more money u have the better (not with bass race tho which just flat out fun)

I'm trying to get TEAM BEETEM big in DB Drag, I have 4 vehicles on the team now, my one teammate scored a 146.7 in a meca show, which in a db drag comp could be up to a decibel higher, or lower,, I'm at my personal best with 145.9, but I only run out the trunk, not sealed off, with rear facing woofers, basically a traditional set-up. I'm trying to do what everyone says is impossible which is clear a 150 out the trunk. I currently have 2 15" american bass VFL Competitions (old school ones, but not the extremes, the biggest ones) on a memphis 4kw. I have tried so many different thing to get this 150 and it's driving me crazy, I change so much and go up a db, it pisses me off. I'm trying to figure out how to start a discussion on this forum about my new equipment. I just purchased yesterday the new american bass vfl comp 15", they look off the hook, and I bought an 1100.1, I'm thinking this is my answer to my goal, either way, once I hit what I can hit with a tgraditional setup, I'm doing a totally different application, maybe a wall, then im coming after the 160 club

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stereo_luver

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
stereo_luver
kennesaw, GA.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date