Who Competes?

I want to compete but I cant find any to go to in the augusta ga area.
Move or travel unfortunately can fix that.. That was our trouble here for a while until our team talked with MECA and now we have judges and a director to host MECA shows. Next year I believe we are hosting a show at least once a month around our area. Last year we got started late in the year and only had about 5-6 shows we hosted.

Move or travel unfortunately can fix that.. That was our trouble here for a while until our team talked with MECA and now we have judges and a director to host MECA shows. Next year I believe we are hosting a show at least once a month around our area. Last year we got started late in the year and only had about 5-6 shows we hosted.
I hope you have some decent turn outs for your shows. Most of the meca shows in the midwest never seem to have much for participation, which is disappointing to every org out there not just theirs.

I hope you have some decent turn outs for your shows. Most of the meca shows in the midwest never seem to have much for participation, which is disappointing to every org out there not just theirs.
We do okay in ohio for meca. We had 13 events last year and all were worth us judges' time/effort from an attendance standpoint. But I'm trying to get events booked earlier so ppl can know sooner. We should be having at least 15 events for 2012

We do okay in ohio for meca. We had 13 events last year and all were worth us judges' time/effort from an attendance standpoint. But I'm trying to get events booked earlier so ppl can know sooner. We should be having at least 15 events for 2012
I wish you the best for next and that is great that your trying to bring back shows. I went to a few in Missouri and surrounding areas and was disappointed a bit.

Don't get what I was say wrong or twisted, it is not just Meca with attendance issues...just about all orgs have issues right now. A few areas are still thriving though.

Word up, meca's most recognizeable event is getting dropped tis year due to it losing money wtf
What event is that?

I have been promoting shows for 2 years now and have been getting increased numbers in SQ year over year. This year I am hosting 6 with a regional final (hopefully) and I do it on my own at a buddies shop in Baltimore. In Pa we have Zenner who does 3-5 shows a year in the Pittsburg area and 12Volt Daves does 1-2 in Eastern Pa. Between us we have a pretty good amount of people come out and support us and MECA. Last year we brought IASCA back into the area and had GREAT success on both the SQ and SPL side and will be doing it again. There is room for growth, its just slow.

I have reached out to Meca a few times but we never could make arrangements for anything. I hate to see shows die off no matter what org or who runs them. No matter what a show fading away hurts the hobby/sport as a whole.
I understand what you are saying, but I'd be willing to be if you reach out again Steve would be willing to work with you, especially since he is trying to build up the area where you are with Mark Eldridge and they guys in that area. They have been working hard to get things going for the past couple of years and seem so close to breaking thru.

I understand what you are saying, but I'd be willing to be if you reach out again Steve would be willing to work with you, especially since he is trying to build up the area where you are with Mark Eldridge and they guys in that area. They have been working hard to get things going for the past couple of years and seem so close to breaking thru.
I may try to again. I have to see what all I have going on in 2012 and how big of a part I will play with other orgs.

I need to make sure if I do offer my services that I can offer sufficient time to his org and not just be a "back burner" situation.

We do pretty good. For just our first year (with late start..) our shows varied from anywhere from 15-20 competitors to 30+. It's enough to get by covering the minimums and a little bit more. I believe the required equipment (PA system, Tables, Tent, Etc..) is now payed off. We already had the TL and software. I'm thinking once our area is more known for MECA with our future plans of frequent events will keep people interested in coming around.

What event is that?
Carl Casper in Louisville. That's where the first MECA show was. Used to be a great show with 100+ competitors, now it's lucky to have 30.

We do pretty good. For just our first year (with late start..) our shows varied from anywhere from 15-20 competitors to 30+. It's enough to get by covering the minimums and a little bit more. I believe the required equipment (PA system, Tables, Tent, Etc..) is now payed off. We already had the TL and software. I'm thinking once our area is more known for MECA with our future plans of frequent events will keep people interested in coming around.
I know I'm going to try to make it down for at least one of your shows to show some support. 3 hour drive for me though so I may have to trailer the S-10.

Carl Casper in Louisville. That's where the first MECA show was. Used to be a great show with 100+ competitors, now it's lucky to have 30.

I know I'm going to try to make it down for at least one of your shows to show some support. 3 hour drive for me though so I may have to trailer the S-10.
That would be awesome. The team are working on a few vehicles that will be great this year. Can't say a whole lot even I don't know what all they have out planned out. One is going for 160+ db using two DC 9k's. Another is doing a few more major changes for the S3 class.. Our team is growing as well so I have yet to meet a few new members. I believe we have around 10-15 members. Would be great to see you around and get to meet the team and have fun hanging out!

That would be awesome. The team are working on a few vehicles that will be great this year. Can't say a whole lot even I don't know what all they have out planned out. One is going for 160+ db using two DC 9k's. Another is doing a few more major changes for the S3 class.. Our team is growing as well so I have yet to meet a few new members. I believe we have around 10-15 members. Would be great to see you around and get to meet the team and have fun hanging out!
I'm making it to effingham at least once this year, maybe more if I don't have a lot of conflicting show dates. 6hr drive but its all for the love

I'm making it to effingham at least once this year, maybe more if I don't have a lot of conflicting show dates. 6hr drive but its all for the love
Sweet! Sounds good. Would look forward to seeing ya. When that time comes you should PM me whenever your on your way over.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stereo_luver

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
stereo_luver
kennesaw, GA.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date