Wire Comparison

Can't compete with Cadence prices. I've a question regarding CCA and OFC for the big 3 upgrade. I want to use a 1/0 gauge cable - would OFC be better in this regard for longevity and because of less resistance (esp. for ground wire)?

Can't compete with Cadence prices. I've a question regarding CCA and OFC for the big 3 upgrade. I want to use a 1/0 gauge cable - would OFC be better in this regard for longevity and because of less resistance (esp. for ground wire)?
ofc over cca any day dude. trust me on it. the cca i used in my big three has carbon tracking all in it. but the 2/0 ofc runs i did are fine

ofc over cca any day dude. trust me on it. the cca i used in my big three has carbon tracking all in it. but the 2/0 ofc runs i did are fine
Ok I hear ya. OFC > CCA. Btw how much shipping for that cat in the .gif picture.....CAT > OFC > CCA

that cadence is not the new stuff. the new stuff is big . and bullz audio is ''ok''
I am an Xscorpion/Bullz audio dealer (these lines are under the same parent company). And I will say this...the Bullz Audio wire is sub-par budget brand, we 'have' the brand but do not stock it regularly.

But Xscorpion Xpert-link wire is TRUE sized OFC wire. Every wire, terminal, interconnection and odd-n-ends in my vehicle is Xscorpion, and I have yet to have a problem. Both in my personal vehicle and in the shop's install bay for customer's vehicles.

ill add pics

efx 1/0 ofc in red knu koncepts ofc in blue

DSCN1857.jpg

ill add pics

efx 1/0 ofc in red knu koncepts ofc in blue

DSCN1857.jpg
You have soft, sexy hands Tony. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cuddle.gif.bd1b29c179c0482f8313dbd790b74c94.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

those are working mans hands lol! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif and thanks everyone for the replies.

I don't know why I haven't been getting updates from this thread but I just jumped on today and I was like wow 7 pages and last time I was here there was nearly 5 lol!

OP - Great thread, I gotta say. Question though about the plastic core on the Monster. In your spreadsheet, you said the plastic had an OD of .175". Doing the math, that would come out to almost 40% of the total conductor w/ core OD (.450"). In the photo, there are 6 copper strand "ropes" that look nearly the same OD as the core. If that's even in the ballpark, that would make a really big difference with the plastic actually only being 14% of the conductor OD instead of 40%. [.475" / (6 ofc + 1 plastic) = .064"]

It's been a long time, but I was wondering if you still had a piece of that Monster cable or the plastic core and could give it another measurement. I may be way off base, but it's been bothering me. If not, no sweat.

Oh btw, any chance there will be a comparison of load/current carrying capacity between some of the different brands as mentioned in an earlier thread ("test 3 of 3", or something)? I have a few brands of 0awg I could send.

MonsterCable1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.