Wiring Help.

Participant count
  • Participants list

toyjoha

This must just be like livin' in Paradise...
I just bought a car and this is what it came with so I am not looking to upgrade just to get the best, clear, loud sound that I can.
The amp is a Pyle (Bridgable)
Power Output: 1200 Watt MAX
4 x 150 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohm
4 x 300 Watts MAX @4 Ohm
4 x 300 Watts RMS @ 2 Ohm
The sub is Massive
700 RMS
1400 Peak
DVC 4 ohm

As of the way that I received it, it is hooked up on one channel (the other 3 empty) with (+) split and going to each DVC (+) and the (-) split and going to each DVC (-).
I am a newbie, but that does not sound right from what I have read. I was thinking of bridging 1 & 2 to one side and 3 &4 to the other, or I should bridge1 & 2 and run parallel DVC(+) to (+) and (-) to (-).
Or something else?

Not sure what model the amp is that you have but bridged most are only stable to 4 ohms. Running 2 channels bridges to once voice coil and the other 2 channels to the other voice coil wouldn't be a good idea unless you have a DMM, CC1, or DD1 meters to get the gains and crossovers to match perfectly.

Your best bet would be to get a mono block amp around 1200 rms at 2 ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.