12" alpine type R's 2ohm or 4ohm?

slack
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NC
Sup guys. Im new to the car audio world as i am 17 and just getting my own car. I have a few questions. First off, let me apoligize if i posted in the wrong section of the forums.

Anyway, i want to buy 2 12" alpine type R subwoofers and im not sure what the difference between the 4ohm and the 2ohm subwoofer is. I guess it has to do with power and whatnot. Can someone help explain this to me? Also, if someone could recomend an amp i could use for the 2ohm and the 4ohm subs that would help me out and probably get me looking in the right direction. Thanks

OK how does this sound?

two alpine type R SWR-1221D with the Alpine MRD-M500 Amp? Do u think the type Rs would sound good with this setup?

ok will the jbl 600 give 600 watts to each sub or will it split and give 300 to each?

300 to each. The speakers will split the power between them (if in paralell it's pretty much 50/50, and series one driver gets a tad more.. the nature of a resistor, and a voice coil is basically a glorified resistor).

if you wanted to get 600w to each sub you'd have to go w/ a 1200w amp. And they will take 600w per sub, you just have to be careful where you put the gains and the bass boost (off on bass boost, low on gains)

ok sweet. thanks for all ur help guys. i just ordered two of the SWR-1221D's. Now to save up for that amp ;x

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

slack

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
slack
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date