1300rms to 12'' HC?

If you set it up right I wouldn't think twice. I was pumping 1200 RMS to a single HC 15 and it could have taken more easily //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The CROSSFIRE VR1000D does 1332watts RMS at 1ohm 14.4v!.

OT: AFaceInTheCrowd

I got that CD, Story Of The Year. Great CD! You should check out Smile Empty Soul, and 3 Days Grace. Other solid selections!:thumbsup

I'm giving my 15hc 350 watts (4 ohms on a tusnami 1100d). in a Sealed 1.7. Should it get much louder? It seems to be moving quite a bit. I havn't quite finally sealed off my box, could the small leaks make the sub move more than it would with a properly sealed box.

yea i noticed the same with one of my hc's i put in like 1 cube sealed just to mess around, had it had 1ohm and it sounded pretty good then put it down to 4ohm and it didnt sound too great, but now i got 2 12hc's in like 6 cubes ported off the mtx 81000d and gosh it gets loud, almost to the point were it gives u a headache after listenin to it

I have my 15HC in a 1.7 sealed with 350 watts. I love it. Sounds good, gives me a headache. My friends 4cuft box tuned to 36 with more watts moves MUCH more air, however doesn't hit the fast beats like mine and the tonality is VERY simliar. I love the sealed.

I have my 15HC in a 1.7 sealed with 350 watts. I love it. Sounds good, gives me a headache. My friends 4cuft box tuned to 36 with more watts moves MUCH more air, however doesn't hit the fast beats like mine and the tonality is VERY simliar. I love the sealed.
It is good that you are happy with it, but you are also the first person I have ever heard say that.

Actually, I heard a couple of people that likes the performance of the HC in the sealed box. It seem that most people says it a no no without even trying it.

Actually, I heard a couple of people that likes the performance of the HC in the sealed box. It seem that most people says it a no no without even trying it.
I did try it. I didn't like it.

If you look at the EBP of an HC, you would find that it's rating is way to high to effectively use a sealed box. If you feel like wasting half the output of a driver, be my guest.

You got a 12 though. It seem the 15's are little better with the low end in sealed box compared to the 12's. I know the EBP is a little lower (well at least according to winISD) with the 15. So at best, it's decent with sealed box. Not great but decent. I don't know about the 12's since I don't have one.

That doesn't concern me since I will be porting mine anyway. I like the sound of ported 15's over sealed anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Matador

10+ year member
-= StillBumping =-
Matador
Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date