'15 VW Jetta Audio Output Dropping in Motion

Algorithm

Hi CarAudio,

I recently made a switch over from a '12 Honda Civic w/ a rear Diamond D600.1 amplifier paired with a Diamond D3 10" woofer (Stock head unit) over to a new '15 VW Jetta, that has a RCD510 radio (Bluetooth).

The audio output has been acting strange lately. It seems that when I start up the car and music starts playing, the volume is only up a few clicks and my sub will hit hard to my standards. However, I've noticed that sometimes when I put the car in motion, by switching to Drive or Reverse, the system drops in strength and becomes much less noticeable. Even if I increase the volume on the radio, the lower frequencies do not scale with the higher frequencies well. I feel an urge to resort to the radio's EQ settings, but that is only a temporary fix and only masks the underlying issue.

I have played around with the gain on my amp and have it properly set up and from what I can tell, the amp is not going into "protection" mode. I have turned off the "Speed Dependent Volume Control" in the radio's options to rule that out.

What other tools or methods can I use to help troubleshoot and confirm/resolve this issue? If someone has had similar symptoms like this in the past, it would help point me in the correct direction. I am fairly certain that there is some sort of inconsistency occurring.

I play audio primarily through Bluetooth connectivity, and seems to be very stable (no popping/cracking, drop outs) but the issue also occurs with satellite radio as well.

I would bring it into to the audio store I had it installed in but it is currently 300+ miles away, and they would probably charge me labor for a quick fix...

Current Amp Settings:

2ujnvb6.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.