1999 Toyota 4Runner

Slugger00

I have a 1999 Toyota 4Runner and am looking to upgrade some of my speakers. I currently have a Alpine head unit putting out 4x40 watts of clean power, Alpine amp for my subs, Kicker 6 1/2" coax in the front doors. I am looking to replace my back door speakers also. I read some that say 4" and some that read 5 1/4". I removed my door panel yesterday and I could fit either. Although I would have to make a custom baffle out of 1/2" or 5/8" to prevent the magnet from hitting the glass. I currently have about 2" of clearence between the glass and the sub frame, no baffle. I am mainly just looking for some clean sound. Plan on using the head unit to power them. It has been powering my Kicker 6 1/2" just fine. I also have a Kicker SS80 old school sub box that I got at a steal that is being powered by the Alpin amp. I have a decent sounding set up for the money I have put into it.

Any ideas or advice on the rear doors or anything with my set up?

I also plan on spraying rubberized undercoating in my doors to help deaden sound, road noise, and vibrations.

Thanks!

Ken

Make sure you shake that ruberized undercoating like the dickens when you spray it on your doors. Shake it like a poloroid picture! haha

Anyway, if you just want some cheap coaxials that sound good to replace your speakers go with some CDT CL6x's. They are slim so it will help with clearing the glass and all. $45 2-3day UPS shipped for a pair at thezeb.com... good luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.