2 15" Avalanches with only 600 W??

hardhitta47
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Currently, I've got a 15" Ava in a ported box, tuned to 30 Hz, in the trunk of my Civic. It's powered by a PG Xenon x600.1, gains set ~600 W.

My plan is to eventually run 2 Avas sealed off around 2kW, but I won't have the money for a new amp for at least a few months. I do have another Ava just sitting here though. I'm thinking about trying them in a sealed box now though, just to see how it sounds, but they won't have anywhere near rated power...

So I'm just curious if I throw both of em in a sealed box with only 300 W each, will it be a drastic decrease in output? I wouldn't expect it to blow my head off, but I don't want quiet as hell either. May be a stupid question, but I don't give a ****. Just looking for some feedback.

I've seen the 18" Avalanches ran off of 300 watts, and they were very impressive. I don't see why the 15's would be any different. I'm pretty sure 300 watts will get it near to full excursion. The 2000 watts in the future will tear your head off, but I think you'll be impressed with how well they'll do with low power as well.

The RL-p was very impressive in your car. I can't imagine how nasty 2 Ava 15's is going to be.

I've seen the 18" Avalanches ran off of 300 watts, and they were very impressive. I don't see why the 15's would be any different. I'm pretty sure 300 watts will get it near to full excursion. The 2000 watts in the future will tear your head off, but I think you'll be impressed with how well they'll do with low power as well.
The RL-p was very impressive in your car. I can't imagine how nasty 2 Ava 15's is going to be.
Hey, it's been a long time man! I was actually going to pm you about this. I forgot how much your buddy had running to his 18". That's what I wanted to hear. I'm still lovin this Ava I bought off you. It's got a good home.

I've seen the 18" Avalanches ran off of 300 watts, and they were very impressive. I don't see why the 15's would be any different. I'm pretty sure 300 watts will get it near to full excursion.
The 18s are obviously heavier. When I had my pair in, they were getting 1300 ish each, and wouldn't reach full excursion. They do get loud off very low power though. Once you start pushing upwards of 900... thats where the fun begins.

The 18s are obviously heavier. When I had my pair in, they were getting 1300 ish each, and wouldn't reach full excursion. They do get loud off very low power though. Once you start pushing upwards of 900... thats where the fun begins.
Man, sounds like that was a great setup. I'm lookin to eventually pick up a zx2500.1 for my pair of 15s. I was just worried that, right now, if I went ahead and ran them sealed off the little power I have, that they would be extremely quiet compared to my single 15" ported. I know they're really efficient subs, but I just don't want to lose a ton of output, although I'm willing to sacrifice some for now. I guess I'll find out though, huh?

When I was running my avalanche it sounded very similar off 400 and 600 watts. There was an increase in output that was apparent when it was upped to 1200...but you'll be fine, and quite impressed actually running them off of 300 each I'd think.

Hey, it's been a long time man! I was actually going to pm you about this. I forgot how much your buddy had running to his 18". That's what I wanted to hear. I'm still lovin this Ava I bought off you. It's got a good home.
He originally had the 2 running off a Kicker 1200.1 @ 2 ohms, then got another to strap together. Then it was painful. That was in a minivan also. Cabin gain is pretty non-existant.

I'm not concerned with the added weight. I think it's pretty negligible actually. It's the price you pay I guess. I mean, bigger rims add weight, friends ridin shotgun adds weight...I haven't really noticed any decrease in acceleration or handling or anything.

When I was running my avalanche it sounded very similar off 400 and 600 watts. There was an increase in output that was apparent when it was upped to 1200...but you'll be fine, and quite impressed actually running them off of 300 each I'd think.
Well, that's encouraging. Thanks.

He originally had the 2 running off a Kicker 1200.1 @ 2 ohms, then got another to strap together. Then it was painful. That was in a minivan also. Cabin gain is pretty non-existant.
Man, you minivan gang members are crazy. School's finally coming to an end for the summer, so I'm gonna finally have the cash to put together a nice front stage. I'm sure you'll be seein me over on diyma.

I'm not concerned with the added weight. I think it's pretty negligible actually. It's the price you pay I guess. I mean, bigger rims add weight, friends ridin shotgun adds weight...I haven't really noticed any decrease in acceleration or handling or anything.
aiy... i had a 95 dx and boy... i had two arsenals, 2.4ft^3 box and a viper d2500 and i couldn't make it up some hills where i live. Kinda sad.

aiy... i had a 95 dx and boy... i had two arsenals, 2.4ft^3 box and a viper d2500 and i couldn't make it up some hills where i live. Kinda sad.
ouch...LOL. I've never had any issues with bogging down like that, even with my one buddy ridin in the car. He's 6'5", probably about 300 lbs. I've got a '01 EX model with vtec.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.