SOLD (2) 15" passive radatiors

psychoacoustics
10+ year member

hammer and the evil one
Buffalo NY
custom built these a long time ago from stamped steel baskets and spl style recone parts

they will take a beating and should move as far as the surround will stretch great for higher power setups where you dont want port noise or the big port or just dont have the room

i can help design a box if you need it too

basket

cone / surround

1/4" bolt sandwiching 2 1/4"x 3" plexi glass disks on each side of the cone so its see through

(can be seen in the 3rd pic)

and a bunch of weights to get different tuning

(can be seen in the 4th pic)

if you know what they are cool if not look here

http://www.diysubwoofers.org/prd/

http://www.greenhydrant.com/~drees/ht/pr-vs-port.php

or if you don't want to read they are a port in essence just a big long port

usually they are so you can tune really low in a small box and not get any port noise

i used both of them with 1 15" rockford power hx2 and it did almost the same numbers with the weights attached at 28 hz as it did at 47hz with no weight attached

both right around a 147 with 2 mtx 81000d's in my crx oh and that was behind the factory hatch cover in a 36"w x 14't x 16" deep wedge shaped box not exactly a good setup for a crx but i wanted to try them out and i have to say they were sweet

only problem i ever had was they were not totally vertical so under high excursions they rocked if they had the tuning weight on them and they started to pull the cone from the surround

im asking 150 for the pair shipped with the (4) weights i have

IMG00060-20090413-2127.jpg

IMG00061-20090413-2127.jpg

IMG00062-20090413-2127.jpg

IMG00061-20090413-2127.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.